• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Since moving south of Atlanta...

No thank you sir. I’m passing through tomorrow and can’t get through Atlanta to south ga fast enough.

Geography is not the strong point of the ODT. Normally a location is in relation to Atlanta. I’ll admit it’s taught me a lot about where places are in Georgia I would have otherwise had no idea.

I have family in Bainbride Ga. Went to college in Tifton. I have looked in Tallahassee and Albany and have never found anything I felt I could make a living at and raise my family. I hate it. The farther south you can go in Ga, the sweeter it is.

Look how booming some of the areas around Augusta and Savannah are. I wonder how many people are oblivious because they don't ever leave Fort Forsyth. Whole state is growing.

I have family in Bainbride Ga. Went to college in Tifton. I have looked in Tallahassee and Albany and have never found anything I felt I could make a living at and raise my family. I hate it. The farther south you can go in Ga, the sweeter it is.
I grew up in Boston, GA (between Thomasville and Quitman) a few miles north of the FL line and I don’t miss it at all. It’s hot 9 months out of the year, flat, you fight gnats from Mar-Nov and there’s too many snakes.

I'd love to move outside of metro ATL, but the d*mn schools aren't the same. We are in top tier schools in Suwanee and I haven't been able to find something comparable in a rural area. ( 8.5 more years left until my son is out of school and I can get out of this traffic nightmare ).

By then, i'll probably just move to FL and enjoy beaches year round. :drum:

Back
Top Bottom