• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sionics BCG with NP3 coating

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
I picked up 2 recently and have been running one of them for a few weeks in my primary gun, an SOLGW 16” midlength with some changes and upgrades.

Specs and info:
100% HPT & MPI
Shot Peened
Sprinco 5-Coil Heavy Duty Extractor Spring
Black Insert
NP3 coated on all parts except for the firing pin retaining pin and firing pin.

SIONICS bolts are manufactured from Carpenter 158® Steel. Each Bolt is HP/MPI tested and inspected. Each Bolt is shot peened and comes with a Sprinco heavy extractor spring and black spring insert. The Bolt and Cam Pin have been NP3 treated to enhance corrosion resistance and carbon build up.
Our M16 profile Bolt Carriers are machined to USGI specifications. Our M16/M4 carrier includes a Mil-Spec Gas Key. The Gas Key is heat treated per GI specifications and NP3 coated. The Gas Key is secured to the carrier via USGI domestic manufactured Grade 8 fasteners and properly staked per Military Specifications. These properly hardened parts insure a strong staking and proper gas system functioning.
Each carrier assembly is treated with a durable Nickel/PTFE plating which creates a permanently lubricious surface which reduces the need for lubrication.

I replaced the SOLGW BCG with the Sionics unit. I could tell immediately when cycling the action by hand that it felt smoother and sounded quieter. While shooting, it functioned 100%, but it was 100% with the original BCG as well.

Cleaning was a snap this morning. The vast majority of the carbon buildup on the BCG came off with a Hilco wipe. A few swipes with a brush took care of the harder buildup on the bolt tail. I usually have to scrape this buildup off with a metal tool or knife.

As for the buildup down inside the BCG, I hit it quickly with a nylon brush designed for the task, then finished up with a CAT-4 tool and a cotton patch. Usually, I use that combination and go back and forth between the two methods multiple times to get it clean. One quick session with each method and it was spotless.

Retail from Sionics is $189.99. Worth it to me, compared to what I normally pay for an identical quality but uncoated BCG.

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/sto...roup-np3-coated-carrier-bolt-and-cam-pin.html

Semper Fi!

Sionics barrels and LPK to SOLGW. After reading my other thread and some other research, I decided to build a SOLGW AR. Now you throw this thread on me. Hahah

I’m a huge fan of SOLGW and their products. I use a lot of their uppers, lowers, BCG’s, and lower parts kits. Great stuff, I highly recommend them.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...on-bcg-with-carpenter-158-bolt-516446450.html

I bought one of these for $89+s&h.Then they ran a deal with a charging handle for 99 last week and ran out. They are supposed to have more in stock coming in.

I feel like it is great quality but im no expert.

Cmshoot, Im considering buying a few more when they are back in stock. Can you please explain to me what is different with this one and the one you posted. (In terms of performance)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...on-bcg-with-carpenter-158-bolt-516446450.html

I bought one of these for $89+s&h.Then they ran a deal with a charging handle for 99 last week and ran out. They are supposed to have more in stock coming in.

I feel like it is great quality but im no expert.

Cmshoot, Im considering buying a few more when they are back in stock. Can you please explain to me what is different with this one and the one you posted. (In terms of performance)

I’m not an expert on PSA’s BCG’s, so I can’t comment on their overal quality. However, folks that I trust very much don’t have a lot of good to say about them.

I do prefer Robar NP3 to NiB or hard chrome. NP3 is layers of nickel and PTFE (Teflon). As the part wears, it exposes fresh Teflon. I’ve owned numerous firearms and parts over the years with NP3 coating, I’m a big fan.

I’m not an expert on PSA’s BCG’s, so I can’t comment on their overal quality. However, folks that I trust very much don’t have a lot of good to say about them.

I do prefer Robar NP3 to NiB or hard chrome. NP3 is layers of nickel and PTFE (Teflon). As the part wears, it exposes fresh Teflon. I’ve owned numerous firearms and parts over the years with NP3 coating, I’m a big fan.
Had one that broke the gas rings.. yes they were oiled.. installed new set and same thing.. used bolt in a spikes carrier and never had issue.. Tool craft NP3 is what I’ve been running and it is super slick

Back
Top Bottom