• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Site is very sloooooowww....

The VPN securely routes your internet traffic....The site isnt slow.....your choice in VPN is.

-Sent from a VPN

IDK. I have the same experience when I forget and leave the VPN running. The ODT site is slow, buggy and unusable with PIA's VPN engaged. I use my VPN for testing for work, and I haven't really run into other issues using it.

Your Boss is on to you and blocked the site :noidea:
Screenshot_20230401_113528_MeWe.jpg

IDK. I have the same experience when I forget and leave the VPN running. The ODT site is slow, buggy and unusable with PIA's VPN engaged. I use my VPN for testing for work, and I haven't really run into other issues using it.
I agree. It's something server side on the site's end. I recently went with a cellular 5G ISP. This domain and this one alone is SUPER SLOWERERER than it used to be. I even PM'ed a mod to see if I had been put on "disuaded user" status or whatever it's called...because it was behaving exactly like that. I was told that I wasn't. Which I verified using another ISP. The site runs just fine. It's only through my 5G ISP that it bogs down. Netflix, amazon, any other website is fine. Just ODT. :noidea:

This site has SUCKED since the last format change.

Fixed it for you.

Whomever is running this site needs to somehow, some way vet new members. I quite often get PM's from brand new members, in reply to one of my ads, trying to get me to send an email to some gmail address.

Anybody at all can join this site. There is apparently zero vetting. But nobody running this circlejerk gives a flying fruck.

Strange thing started happening this week with only this site using Google Chrome, which for years was not a problem until a few days ago.

Loading the site in Chrome starts eating up a ton of memory (up to 4 GB at one point), then Chrome finally craps out with the "oh snap" message. Weird thing is, no other site I visit in Chrome has this issue. Also, I think Tuesday (5/9/23) is when this started happening. I had no problem before then.

Workaround it to visit this site using Firefox, no problem at all.

Plus, the relisting process got ridiculous after the upgrade. Previously, when an ad was eligible for relisting, all one had to do was click Relist, and then you were done. It kept all settings related to that ad. Simple. Good.

Now, when you do that, it relists it, but it leaves the old ad, with a link in it to the new ad, you are still subscribed to the old ad, you have to manually subscribe to the relisted ad, and manually unsubscribe from the old ad. That is completely retarded and asinine.

The most streamlined way (simplest, with fewest mouse clicks) that I have found around that idiocy is to open the ad that is eligible for relisting, unsubscribe (and confirm unsubscription), then Relist, then subscribe to the new ad, then disable comments (and you have to freaking click that TWICE!). Still WAY too many mouse clicks and still completely asinine.

Once (a big if) this ridiculous crap (along with the frequent spammers because of ZERO VETTING) gets fixed, then I might consider renewing my membership.

Once this site went from a "hobby trying to recover operating expenses" to a money-making machine, it went down the tubes.

Back
Top Bottom