• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Skull Mounts Process

IceColdEric

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
18   0
Reaction score
Got one going this afternoon. This is my 5-6th one. My general steps are listed below. Seems to work pretty good. I know there is million ways to do it. You guys do anything different?

1. SKIN
2. Wrap bottom rack.
3. Oxyclean boil
4. Pressure washer to blow loose flesh/meat
5. Peroxide boil
0B228653-C7A2-4322-8476-7BBDBC0CDBDA.jpeg

finally picture loaded

Never tried boiling with oxyclean or peroxide. Just skinned, boiled, pressure wash, coat skull in paste of oxyclean, let sit for a week or two and rinse off oxyclean.

Probably not the best method by far, but it worked.

are any part of the antlers in the water? I wrapped mine in aluminum foil and boiled with borax soap powders

Got one going this afternoon. This is my 5-6th one. My general steps are listed below. Seems to work pretty good. I know there is million ways to do it. You guys do anything different?

1. SKIN
2. Wrap bottom rack.
3. Oxyclean boil
4. Pressure washer to blow loose flesh/meat
5. Peroxide boil
View attachment 2954978
finally picture loaded
Thanks for the info I have one in the freezer from last year I have been wanting to do.

are any part of the antlers in the water? I wrapped mine in aluminum foil and boiled with borax soap powders
Yes, I wrap the bottom with shrink wrap electrical tape to prevent fading. Kinda depends on rack but I try to get no more than inch of the rack in the water.

I have used aluminum foil on the main beam to keep heat from coming up side pot.

Back
Top Bottom