Small Engine Mechanic ??? (UPDATED, got'r fixed)

If you pull the motor over several times and then remove the spark plug to find it wet, then you definitely have an ignition issue. And you already say you have spark so if you find fuel on the spark plug when you remove it, then its fouled. If you do not find the spark plug to be wet at all, you have a fuel issue.

yes, that has been replace, it has had gas sitting in it, never ran with it on. I'm thinking maybe replace it too.

I think I am going to go to ethanol free gas after this!!!
If you haven't figured out by now I'm 100% ethanol free in my small engines, that stuff is poison, especially to 2-strokes and any older engines or engines that are prone to long periods of not running.

Alright... put the rebuilt/cleaned carb on and put in a new plug, and... she fired right up!!!!

now, I'm having a problem with the way that it is running. Part of the repairs I did, I adjusted the valves (thought at first that might have been a problem). I adjusted them to .005, but now I have this problem!

any suggestions? there isn't anything to really adjust on the carb!

check compression. on most 2 stroke its 80 to 120. bad thing (of many) about e-gas is it absorbs moisture from the air. then separates. oil floats and water sinks to the pick-up sending no lube to the cylinder, scoring it

Sounds like a governor hunt. Is the linkage connected correctly? If your not sure look for wear marks on the old carbs throttle shaft.
Is it an air vane or mechanical governor?

unsure... the only thing attached to the throttle shaft is the throttle cable. and then you have the idle screw.

at .07sec is when I give it full throttle

Back
Top Bottom