SMART TV's

inkdaddy

Coast Guard Icon Supporter
Graduate, ODT class of 2010!!
165   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new TV. I would like to find one that has internet capabilities built in it. Someone told me to get a smart tv. Does anyone have one?? and if so, how well do they work? worth the money?? etc

I picked up a 42" Samsung Smart TV last year and was slightly disappointed to be honest. After purchasing, I realized that the 42" model had no web browsing capabilities, but it was only offered on the larger models. Something I probably should have made sure of before purchasing, but I saw "sale" and a good price so I went for it. The other features and apps weren't really impressive for me since the xbox does everything that the tv did and some more. I did some research afterward and came to the conclusion that a good smart tv to get would be a Sony. They have a ton more features, including a web browser, which they offer on every size model. If you plan on going bigger than 42" I say Samsung would be a decent choice, since they are usually priced a little better than the Sony's. If you don't mind spending a little more change, the Sony is the best way to go. JMO

Coming from someone who works in a consumer electronics retailer I can say yes they are worth it. BUT it depends on what you want to accomplish with it. For example do you want to set up a home theater atmosphere with a nice surround sound system or just something to watch the games on. Either way I can say at my particular store which is located in the Atlanta area we sell the hell out of Samsung's and Panasonic's and we rarely have them returned. It seems if it is not a Samsung or Panasonic then it boomerangs back within 6 months. Also I would say in less than a year all TV's are going to have internet capabilities and little cameras and mic's where the government can spy on us :p! Hope this helps.

I'm about to buy a new tv as well. I'm just going for a LARGE LCD or led. I've been eyeing a 70" LCD and a 65" led. Just haven't made up my mind. I just now gaming on either is going to be awesome. Plus, my modestly sized living living room is going to make it look even bigger. And who wouldn't want the feel of a movie theater in thier living room?!

My Xbox has any apps the tv would. Plus I have a desktop PC which I use my tv as the monitor for. All you do is plug in the monitor cord from the pc. Simple. I'm using a 42" now. That tv will be moved to the bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom