• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith Corona 1903-A3

thevalueman

Space Force Icon Lifetime Supporter
Algonquin J. Calhoun
145   1
Reaction score
Georgiahawkeye has one listed, and it got me to thinking....I have one.....found it sitting on one the top shelves of my dad's shop when I was cleaning it out....anyway...I know absolutely NOTHING about these, and there are SOOOO many rabbit holes to go down....It really looks unfired, however I doubt that....it's got many markings on the metal, and wood....is there a place I could send it to have it inspected, or a place like....
DSC00202.JPG
DSC00017.JPG
DSC00204.JPG
a "cody letter"???

Attachments

• DSC00205.JPG
    DSC00205.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 16
Nice looking 03A3 you have. I had one that I bought in the late 60's in this same condition. I thought it would make an excellent deer rifle. I bought a Monte Carlo Stock for it, cut about 2" off the barrel installed a set of Weaver sights on it and put a see through scope mount on it. Bottom line, it did make an excellent deer rifle, in fact I still have it. I wish I had my time to go over, it would still be in it's original condition. :blue:

I have one as well.
Fun shooters . My son used it for deer hunting lol.
They are great rifles, that's for sure. Apparently ODT'ers aren't interested in owning this model. I have had ZERO interest in the 03A3 that I have listed for sale at what I thought was a fair price. Kind of makes me wonder, LOL.

They are great rifles, that's for sure. Apparently ODT'ers aren't interested in owning this model. I have had ZERO interest in the 03A3 that I have listed for sale at what I thought was a fair price. Kind of makes me wonder, LOL.
They are . It’s all price point.

Georgiahawkeye has one listed, and it got me to thinking....I have one.....found it sitting on one the top shelves of my dad's shop when I was cleaning it out....anyway...I know absolutely NOTHING about these, and there are SOOOO many rabbit holes to go down....It really looks unfired, however I doubt that....it's got many markings on the metal, and wood....is there a place I could send it to have it inspected, or a place like....View attachment 5549534View attachment 5549537View attachment 5549541a "cody letter"???
If you want THE definitive text of "The Springfield1903 Rifles," get the text by , LT COL William S. Brophy. It includes the 1903 and its subsequent variants. You can find the text on Amazon or other booksellers.

so for future reference what is the going price of a SC 03A3 of similar vintage (lets just say 1942 vintage)? I see the one listed for $1000 here, there's one on Gun broker with multiple bids around $750 so far and one with a single bid at $1300 (all similar vintage and condition from what I can tell).

so for future reference what is the going price of a SC 03A3 of similar vintage (lets just say 1942 vintage)? I see the one listed for $1000 here, there's one on Gun broker with multiple bids around $750 so far and one with a single bid at $1300 (all similar vintage and condition from what I can tell).
I think to move one you have to leave some money on the table for the next guy. List one for $850-950 and it will sell. ( that’s how collectors / friends sell stuff all the time)

Back
Top Bottom