• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith Corona 1903-A3

Would need to see the cartouche on the underside of the wrist of the stock, the trigger guard and magazine base plate and any cartouches struck in front of that on the underside to tell you more.

Would need to see the cartouche on the underside of the wrist of the stock, the trigger guard and magazine base plate and any cartouches struck in front of that on the underside to tell you more.
well...darn...I'm just not sure there are any additional stock stamps....I'll check

"Looks like it has been through a rebuild or at least partially, so not all original"
any more details than just an opinion??
I'd really like to know, how you arrived at this decision....interest only...it's just a gun...info needed

"Looks like it has been through a rebuild or at least partially, so not all original"
any more details than just an opinion??
I'd really like to know, how you arrived at this decision....interest only...it's just a gun...info needed
The bolt sleeve is a Remington and is parkerized, they were originally blued, smith corona has a scalloped shape to the sides. The stock has had the original cartouches removed and is stamped with the OG stamp which would have happened during a rebuild. Some rifles have the OG stamp and were only inspected, but that doesn't seem to be the case here as the original markings have been completely removed or it was a replacement stock installed during rebuild. That is all I could see for sure from the few photos. Do you have pics of any markings on the bottom of the stock in front of the floor plate and the floor plate itself?

1680730015845.png

Damn....these details go beyond me....while I see what you have illustrated, I find it hard, for a layman to even understand....I'll check for additional stamps "cartouche"
thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom