• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoke so thick you can cut it with a knife.

How’s it going greg vess greg vess ? Are y’all out yet …..do they have everything under control ? Just curious.
Still hoping and praying for everyone out your way !
Well I am pretty safe at this point. Big Island is a big place expanse wise but they haven't been effective at containing it because it so deep in the back woods. After today may be different with the winds the way they are. I will fill you in as it goes and let you know if I have to bug. All I will do is pull the truck up to the door, load the guns and ammo up and haul ass to one of my buddies house or their mom's house. She has plenty of space for me crash for while.

Well I checked with a friend in the area and ask him the best vantage point to view the fire and he replied " 501 North " which is about 8 miles from here maybe 4 as the crows fly. He also said it was so congested the firefighters couldn't even get in to do their job. People from Washington State and one couple from Oregon and all over the place are stopping in just to see the fire. That's kind of ridiculous when they're causing stress for the firefighters trying to get in fight the fire. That's not helping matters any. Also another way I to see the fire is 122 going to Bedford. Which I hope isn't messed up because I have to go that in the morning.

The fire has increased exponentially since last Monday was $2,500 acres last Monday and now it's over 10,000 acres. So what they're saying is the rain won't extinguish it completely but it will limit the amount it will spread, afterward or onward hopefully. We'll see what happens

Back
Top Bottom