• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoked Shrimp

Guess I'll check Publix and Walmart
I did kroger, ingles and food depot.
I checked the website, looks like they're making more on the shipping then the product but that seems to be the norm these days.
I'll probably order some anyway because I'm jonesing pretty bad for those smoked shrimps.

Got 2 pounds of shrimp at Kroger a few minutes ago for this evening. Probably be using a little different spice combo and then toss with melted butter and lemon juice when they come off. Cooking time and temp are the things I needed to know for the RecTec.

Just finished Cajun shrimp Alfredo. Cajun sausage,shrimp,Alfredo sauce, and a sprinkle of blackened seasoning. MAN!!! 2FA1F8D3-96EA-4FD1-BB77-096F4C0151E9.jpegFBAA40CB-95E0-4EE2-875A-424024C26205.jpeg

Got 2 pounds of shrimp at Kroger a few minutes ago for this evening. Probably be using a little different spice combo and then toss with melted butter and lemon juice when they come off. Cooking time and temp are the things I needed to know for the RecTec.
I have a conventional smoker with a side box, I threw my shrimp in while the temps were still fluctuating. I think the avg was probably 250°. When I made my 2lb batch, the temps were closer to 300° bc I was having a hard time getting the temps down lower, even closing all the vents. I was also smoking a lot more food that time so I was using more wood and charcoal. I do remember checking the shrimp a few times thinking they were done to the same consistency as the first batch but they never were until the last time I checked. The cook time was longer on that 2nd batch but I just kept eyeballing it.

Not sure if you were making rhetorical or not but I hope this helps lol!

Back
Top Bottom