• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake Boots

I have a pair of Rocky snake/water proof boots and they are excellent for a little over $100...I'll see if I can find a link.

Word of advice. Make sure you order at least 1 size big from your normal size. Trust me on this.

I've had good experience with redhead bass pro brand. I've also had good from rocky. I bought new redheads 2018 deer season, wear them all deer seasons and all turkey season. Never had an issue with them and have covered alot of ground with wearing them.

I second this. I read some online reviews that knocked them but the Redhead snake boots I've bought have lasted 4 seasons now and have never leaked in water up to my calf.

IMG_1931.jpg

Just get a rattlesnake tattoo. They won't bite you then. JK. I need to get a pair

Unless you go with a type of thick rubber snake boot, none will be waterproof. I turkey hunt a lot and can only get a few seasons of waterproofing out a snake boot, even with snowseal. I've used Rocky (soles fell apart), zipup lightweight lacrosse (which I liked but didn't bend well at ankle), chippewa (which I would be my first choice), and current on a pair of danners. All supposedly waterproof but like I said, only got about 3 seasons out of each before moisture was getting in. I was struck by a big timber with the lacrosses on, I can assure you they work. The cheppewas I had and still have but dont wear if its wet are over 30 years old, definitely worth every penny.