• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snake

Big ones must be moving in my area right now. My Aunt killed on across the road from me yesterday. It was about 6" shorter than the handle of the hoe that she killed it with, 11 rattles and a button. Made that one I killed look like a baby.

Mating increases their activity. August is also the time they have their offspring.

I cleaned one several years ago that had 10 little fellows inside her.

The man that killed her told me that they had already killed two little ones in the pile of lumber.
I told him to keep a watchful eye out for 10 or 12 more little ones.

Once I cut her open, I let him know that he wouldn't have to keep an eye out for those 10.
If I had cleaned her sooner,:doh: I might could have saved them.:wacko:

A buddy of mine killed a 4 footer while fishing up in Helen 3 weeks ago. He almost stepped on it.
It was a nice fat one. I cleaned it, cu it up, stuffed with a pepper, wrapped with bacon, and slow grilled.
I would have fried it but we weren't prepared for snake cooking.:mmph:

Once you get below the Fall Line, those Canebrakes get bigger.

I don't know man. We have more of them down there in the southern zone, but we've killed some whoppers right here in Douglasville. I remember two being over 5 feet, and lots of them over 4 feet.

You may be right, but I have never seen a difference, and I've come across a lot of rattlers above and below the fall line.

The biggest I've ever seen came from Macon County, with Talbot County being a close second. The Macon Co snake had an 11" circumference. He was a fat one. We've encountered some whoppers in North Paulding Co, especially when DNR does prescribed burns on Paulding Forest WMA. I reckon if they get left alone when encountered they can grow to their full potential anywhere. Habitat here is declining--South Ga has places where snakes probably go their whole life and never encounter a human.

The biggest I've ever seen came from Macon County, with Talbot County being a close second. The Macon Co snake had an 11" circumference. He was a fat one. We've encountered some whoppers in North Paulding Co, especially when DNR does prescribed burns on Paulding Forest WMA. I reckon if they get left alone when encountered they can grow to their full potential anywhere. Habitat here is declining--South Ga has places where snakes probably go their whole life and never encounter a human.

That's huge. Wouldn't want to run into that one. :bolt:

Someone ran over this guy on the side of the road just up from my house yesterday. He was still alive but I'm sure he didn't make it. I kinda hate that he got hit but he was right in front of someone's house.

20170813_153139.jpg