• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snow jam 2014(Traffic Gridlock)=SHTF

Left my car on the East West connector past Fontaine and took off hiking. Had a few necessities but I did realize quickly I needed more prep in case something actually happens. Its so awesome to sit in one spot for 5 hours then pass the jam only to realize the reason is folks just left their cars in the middle of the road when they spun out.

Last edited:
Deciding whether to go into work or not

Let us know what it's like if you get out there. Has anyone been out on 78, Ronald Reagan, pleasant hill, 316 this morning? If so how's the ice? I've got 4wd with brand new BFG All Terrains, but dondon't want to chance it if it's just an ice skating rink.

I need to update my "GO" Bag as well.
I had Water food and a few other things in mine but I handed out most of my water to a few Ladies who had Children, took me 6.5 Hours to Drive 15 Miles to my house but I made it home.
My Take away from this is, I need to add 2 more Emergency Blankets and a case of water not just a 6 pack.
Just glad I keep 4 MRE's and water and 2 regular blankets in my car's at all times.

Word of warning from someone who learned to drive in the Dakotas. Salt stops melting snow and ice around 10 degrees. Temps are down around that here. If it looks we, it's probably ice.

Drive slow, don't brake hard and accelerate slow

Let us know what it's like if you get out there. Has anyone been out on 78, Ronald Reagan, pleasant hill, 316 this morning? If so how's the ice? I've got 4wd with brand new BFG All Terrains, but dondon't want to chance it if it's just an ice skating rink.

Have a call at 7 to decide whether the bosses want us to work or not

So how bad is everything still. I will be wrapping up business in Greenville,sc today around noon. I'm trying to decide whether to try and make it home tonight or wait till Thursday morning.

Back
Top Bottom