• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snow jam 2014(Traffic Gridlock)=SHTF

These events make for good trial runs.

Had my GHB bag, seasonal gear, "truck kit" i.e. towstrap, wool blanket, extra food & water, spare clothing, small propane heater w/ fuel, handwarmers, assorted tools, woodsaw, etc, etc, etc.

Every since the blizzard of '93 I've continually evolved as a prepper.

These mini-events are fun since I at least get to use some of the stuff I've accumulated over the years.

Now if the power will just go out, the water freeze, roof tear off, nuclear fallout drop, bird flu hit & zombies attack I can test out all my gear.

I am SOOOO wanting this to happen too so I can try all my cool toys out too!!:pop2:

If you stay out of 4 low and keep it in 4 high you'll get better traction. 4 low applies maximum torque to the surface which is what you don't want and will make tires spin much easier in slick conditions. 4 low is for heavy pulling and crawling over obstacles that need maximum torque. If you have a Ford truck with an automatic move the shifter to 2nd gear and it will pull off in 2nd gear reducing torque to the wheels. I hate a Ford but the ability to pull off by starting in 2nd gear rather than 1st is a nice feature the engineers put on em.
I've been 4 wheelin since birth and just thought I'd throw it out there as a fun fact for those that could use a tip on driving in the slick stuff.

I concur with you.

However I just needed to go slow and no brake traction. So I was able to go into low and then let out the clutch, no gas. Truck just crawled forward, which is better than nothing!

But yes, once I thought about beach driving, I just started out in 2nd with 4 wheel high and did ok. The low was just for getting going when all else failed.

Also my detroit locker in the rear was a love/hate relationship. Sometimes it was great having the extra traction, other times the rear end would walk out. Just had to take it easy.

Back
Top Bottom