• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I just ordered 2000 rounds of this stuff for my soon to be silenced MP5....

Working on finishing up a case of this ammo right now. I got 1000 for $216 to the door last year and have been shooting it on a regular basis. This will stay subsonic even out of a 16" AR9. I haven't had any issues with it at all in my AR9, Glock 17, and a couple of other guns.
Good to know it stays sub in a 16 inch. I've been a little concerned aboutit running sub in a 7.5 inch.

I guess I need to take the wife to the range so I can get some "more" to replace what we shot. Of course, she likes a 22lr (got plenty) pistol with red dot and can on it. I on the other had will run the snot out of what ever I take. I only ate 4 boxes of 308 today and 2 of the guns were bolts. LR308 can chew up a box of ammo PDQ if you want suppressed.

It is good ammo , designed to be used as a training round for people who carry 147 Gold Dots . I have shot several thousand rounds of the stuff with zero issues

I dont know about other MP5 types but I know the MP5SD was designed to run on 124gr. Maybe thats what its limited to?

Maybe...from what I know about the MP5"SD" is that the barrel and the suppressor were designed to work together with extra ports or expansion holes/chamber close to the feed ramps to allow gas to escape prior to normal DI actions, designed to slow the bullet down before it entered the baffles, essentially making all 9mm ammo subsonic....that could be where that is coming from.....MP5 ODT'ers feel free to educate. If I'm right, I could see grains higher than 124 causing issues with the "SD" model, but I don't see it affecting other models, including the SA one I own.

Since we're on the subject, here's my little daisy~probably my favorite gun I own.

POF MP5_stock collapsed.jpg
POF MP5_stock extended.jpg
POF MP5_suppressed.jpg

Maybe...from what I know about the MP5"SD" is that the barrel and the suppressor were designed to work together with extra ports or expansion holes/chamber close to the feed ramps to allow gas to escape prior to normal DI actions, designed to slow the bullet down before it entered the baffles, essentially making all 9mm ammo subsonic....that could be where that is coming from.....MP5 ODT'ers feel free to educate. If I'm right, I could see grains higher than 124 causing issues with the "SD" model, but I don't see it affecting other models, including the SA one I own.

Since we're on the subject, here's my little daisy~probably my favorite gun I own.

View attachment 1059080 View attachment 1059081 View attachment 1059082
Yeah, keep trying :imjackingoffthenispoogeonyourfaceemoji:

H&K do not specify. Straight from H&K
MP5SD | Silence mode
In developing the silenced MP5SD, Heckler & Koch responded to the special requirements of special forces units.

Despite its integrated silencer element, it has the same length and shape as an unsilenced submachine gun. Unlike most conventional silenced submachine guns, it fires standard ammunition types with the same effect. The use of special subsonic ammunition is not necessary. The integrated silencer element suppresses the muzzle flash extremely effectively, as a result of which the weapon is also excellent for night operations using low-light amplifiers. No wonder the MP5SD is one of the most accurate silenced submachine guns of its type.
Right off the HK website

Back
Top Bottom