• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I just ordered 2000 rounds of this stuff for my soon to be silenced MP5....

No expert here on the MP5, but it's really all across the board on the subject, and it also depends on MP5 type, bolt head type, etc. Some people say you run the risk of breaking the roller holders, and you shouldn't go over 124. But I've seen lots of reports of people shooting 147 and 158 with no issues. I've shot 158 in an MP5 once, but it was limited. It did cycle fine though.

I've never heard that and I'm not sure, but IN for the answer. I shoot 158 grain all the time when I run it suppressed. Nonliberal Nonliberal do you have any advice on this? Can shooting 9mm grains above 124gr mess up an MP5's roller's or any other internals? I would think not, but I don't know.

I will pick up a box and give her another shot then but it seems like the MP5 would require more pressure to cycle than my beretta?

My MP5K has had no problems with the Fiocchi. Thats all I run. The G19 and my P226 all run with no problems and it is quiet. That said I'm in dire need of more 9mm subs and I keep forgetting what is a good brand aside from the Fiocchi. I might try the Lawman.

I've never heard that and I'm not sure, but IN for the answer. I shoot 158 grain all the time when I run it suppressed. Nonliberal Nonliberal do you have any advice on this? Can shooting 9mm grains above 124gr mess up an MP5's roller's or any other internals? I would think not, but I don't know.

I dont know about other MP5 types but I know the MP5SD was designed to run on 124gr. Maybe thats what its limited to?

I'm in the same boat. Waiting for the stamp on my suppressed SBR JR Carbine and have stocked up on this stuff for range ammo. Going to be using the Federal standard velocity 147 HST for SD.

Never broke mine. That's all I really know about it. My MP5 gets treated like a dirty dirty whore too.

Back
Top Bottom