• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I just ordered 2000 rounds of this stuff for my soon to be silenced MP5....

Working on finishing up a case of this ammo right now. I got 1000 for $216 to the door last year and have been shooting it on a regular basis. This will stay subsonic even out of a 16" AR9. I haven't had any issues with it at all in my AR9, Glock 17, and a couple of other guns.

Im no expert but I have always been told to run 115s through the SD because anything slower and heavier will slow down too much. Absolutely no sub sonics through SDs

Yea I think it depends on the gun as far as what to run but either or, as long as its supersonic. I've always been baffled by that though. How they were able to make that gun with with supersonic ammo.

Pretty sure was designed to run on 124gr NATO.
H&K do not specify. Straight from H&K
MP5SD | Silence mode
In developing the silenced MP5SD, Heckler & Koch responded to the special requirements of special forces units.

Despite its integrated silencer element, it has the same length and shape as an unsilenced submachine gun. Unlike most conventional silenced submachine guns, it fires standard ammunition types with the same effect. The use of special subsonic ammunition is not necessary. The integrated silencer element suppresses the muzzle flash extremely effectively, as a result of which the weapon is also excellent for night operations using low-light amplifiers. No wonder the MP5SD is one of the most accurate silenced submachine guns of its type.

Yea I think it depends on the gun as far as what to run but either or, as long as its supersonic. I've always been baffled by that though. How they were able to make that gun with with supersonic ammo.
If you look at the barrel it looks like a Chinese kid went ape **** with a drill press on it.

H&K do not specify. Straight from H&K
MP5SD | Silence mode
In developing the silenced MP5SD, Heckler & Koch responded to the special requirements of special forces units.

Despite its integrated silencer element, it has the same length and shape as an unsilenced submachine gun. Unlike most conventional silenced submachine guns, it fires standard ammunition types with the same effect. The use of special subsonic ammunition is not necessary. The integrated silencer element suppresses the muzzle flash extremely effectively, as a result of which the weapon is also excellent for night operations using low-light amplifiers. No wonder the MP5SD is one of the most accurate silenced submachine guns of its type.

Certainly not an authoritive source but this book Future Weapons says the bullet weight for the MP5SD was 124gr

https://books.google.com/books?id=8...EQ6AEIRzAF#v=onepage&q=MP5SD 124 nato&f=false

Back
Top Bottom