• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I just ordered my 7.62x54r Vepr.... AND ITS HERE

Nobody else will say it, but I will damit.
Please take that dam stock off the VEPR and get something better bro.

Well the cheek weld with my scope is trash so I am looking at other options. Not too big on cutting the tang off for an ACE kit either. I put the scope on the other Vepr and the cheek weld was right on the money so need something similar to that.

it is made with billet aluminum. and what r you talking about,
its Russian mil surp ammo! you get off cheaper than anyone!

So I went to the range today to test it out. Holy effing chit this thing is freaking badass. The PWS brake made it feel like a regular 7.62x39. Accuracy was way better than I will ever be and it will make a sweet battle rifle. Its also loud as hell, people were watching me shoot it through the double pain window and flinching when I shot.
View attachment 225417

Glad you like you rifle so far. I have a x39 Vepr and several 54r rifles and love my vepr and the 54r is a potent and very under rated round in the USA. I would like to say that I would not give all the credit to your PWS brake for taming the recoil. You can thank your 16 inch barrel for most of it. With your shorter barrel you dont get full powder burn or the 2600 FPS. Surplus ammo was designed to be used in mosins, PSL, SVD and they have around 28 inch barrels and the powder was designed for that barrel length. If you shoot new production it will have a little more recoil but not much as it still has slow burn powder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the cheek weld with my scope is trash so I am looking at other options. Not too big on cutting the tang off for an ACE kit either. I put the scope on the other Vepr and the cheek weld was right on the money so need something similar to that.

The Mako folding stock is your best solution for a good cheek weld with AK patterned rifles. Check out the review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThioMNsZz0

and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGqFplu-8-0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom