• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I just ordered my 7.62x54r Vepr.... AND ITS HERE

F. I haven't received my Frag Comp yet, so I hadn't messed with my cap yet. /sigh. Guess Ill be careful ;)

Learn from my F up, wrap the barrel in electrical tape. Its actually pretty easy to get it off. Just start grinding on the weld and when you see that you've broken through try and clean it up carefully and just crank it off with some pliers.

Also normal AK stocks will need to be modified for the thicker VEPR receivers. I had to dremel down some material off the PSL stock to make it fit.

Yes, they are going back to the older style...

Good info. I was kicking myself for not waiting and getting the square-cut, since it meant I had to buy the Krebs adapter. That worked like a champ though, and didn't require any mods to the tang at all.

I seem to remember CSS carried a slant-cut adapter for wood stocks that didn't mess with the tang, but did require removing some wood from the stock to make it fit in the smaller opening in the thicker receiver.

On the other hand, them going back to slant-cut means I can probably sell my take-off furniture now. It's the really nice, pre-panic wood.

Looking good on the build so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom