• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So. It turns out I can ride the thing...

Parking lot work looked good.
If you arent already use your back brake for the low speed maneuvers like parking lots instead of the front (circumstances permitting).

Last edited:
Lookin' good!

Yeah, what Woody said. Drag that rear brake. Looks like you're doing a great job of keeping your chin up and looking where you want to go.

Keep up the practice!

Great job. I know a lot of experienced riders who can not pull that off that gracefully. Myself included. Keep working on the fundamentals. I was impressed to see how well you kept your head looking where you want to go.

Another thing I do in empty parking lots is practice panic stops and accident avoidance. I will goose it and then use a manhole or some marking on the pavement to see how quickly I can stop and maneuver. I will also see how close I can come to the object and at the last minute counter steer to avoid while holding speed. I am confident that some people watching in the distance think I am disturbed, but it can save your life one day. Being comfortable in how the bike handles in a panic situation will make you comfortable knowing what to expect while handling the panic situation. Muscle memory is a great thing. Keep safe and thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom