so someone want to school me on building a suppressor

:becky:

hqdefault.jpg
uh, you got a tax stamp for that?

I've seen some of the WIX filter builds on youtube and they got some damn good results on a .22 rifle. That thing was CRAZY quite, but I don't know if the filter body is steel or aluminum. If it's aluminum I'd be scared to shoot a .30 cal through it. If it's steel it should work fine.

I really haven't really looked into the D tube stuff much, but I've got a form 1 pending right now and plan to do a B tube 9mm suppressor. It'll work with a Gemtech LID so I'll be able to use it on a Glock.

thanks for the videos! I checked out their site and it looks like they make it pretty easy on you!

now I had nothing to do with it (of course) but I was around an engineering buddy that actually made one that worked fairly well once, he took a piece of bamboo and fitted it inside the bottle and had the barrel going into that. Im guess the bamboo chambers worked KINDA like baffles as the round punched through them as the first shot was just as quiet as any regular suppressor I've heard, all other were loud as **** lol. so there you go bamboo and a pop bottle and you got cha a survival suppressor!

So I've been really wanting to get into Class III and have been wanting to suppress my 300blk but im cheap as hell so someone school me on building them. As far as I understand as long as I get the stamp first I should be good to go as far as building one. Anyone done this before and if so how does the cost compare? seems like I could save a good deal in building one vs buying a .30 cal suppressor. Me and my dad have a shop with the necessary tools so that wont be an issue. Also did you build from scratch or use of the kits available?

File your form 1 now and you'll have 9 months to plan your build.

thanks for the videos! I checked out their site and it looks like they make it pretty easy on you!
No problem. Those vids are of the "B" tube. For .30 cal you'll want to use the "D" tube. There are lots of vids on youtube of "D" tube builds and there are lots of sites selling the needed parts.

As long as you build it right your homemade suppressor should work about as well as a factory-made model and will probably cost half the price.

No problem. Those vids are of the "B" tube. For .30 cal you'll want to use the "D" tube. There are lots of vids on youtube of "D" tube builds and there are lots of sites selling the needed parts.

As long as you build it right your homemade suppressor should work about as well as a factory-made model and will probably cost half the price.

awesome that's what im hoping for. half the cost would help a lot, prob use the savings to buy a .22 suppressor as I don't think I can beat the cost of making those

awesome that's what im hoping for. half the cost would help a lot, prob use the savings to buy a .22 suppressor as I don't think I can beat the cost of making those

If you have a metal lathe and know how to use it, you can build an all titanium suppressor for $200 of materials and around 15 hours of labor. I like to add a tube over the barrel to decrease the blast chamber pressure without adding length. Here's one I'm almost finished with, it's 1.625" OD, all titanium except the end caps are aluminum. Bore is 3/8" for up to .30 caliber. Total cost to me was less than $200 and I have a bunch of titanium bar stock left for another project.

Here it is on my 22" 6.5 grendel, the length is 5" in front of the muzzle and 6" behind for a total of 11".

20161031_113420.jpg

If you have a metal lathe and know how to use it, you can build an all titanium suppressor for $200 of materials and around 15 hours of labor. I like to add a tube over the barrel to decrease the blast chamber pressure without adding length. Here's one I'm almost finished with, it's 1.625" OD, all titanium except the end caps are aluminum. Bore is 3/8" for up to .30 caliber. Total cost to me was less than $200 and I have a bunch of titanium bar stock left for another project.

Here it is on my 22" 6.5 grendel, the length is 5" in front of the muzzle and 6" behind for a total of 11".

20161031_113420.jpg

that thing looks slick!

Back
Top Bottom