• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

so someone want to school me on building a suppressor

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
164   0
Reaction score
So I've been really wanting to get into Class III and have been wanting to suppress my 300blk but im cheap as hell so someone school me on building them. As far as I understand as long as I get the stamp first I should be good to go as far as building one. Anyone done this before and if so how does the cost compare? seems like I could save a good deal in building one vs buying a .30 cal suppressor. Me and my dad have a shop with the necessary tools so that wont be an issue. Also did you build from scratch or use of the kits available?

Buy a "D" size solvent trap and threaded caps from SD tactical and then when your stamp is approved, cone and drill some freeze plugs to go in it.

If you want some fancier baffles, just google "D tube cups"

You might have to sift through a few images of women in bras before you find your baffles, but I just look at that as an added bonus. LMAO

Buy a "D" size solvent trap and threaded caps from SD tactical and then when your stamp is approved, cone and drill some freeze plugs to go in it.

You might have to sift through a few images of women in bras before you find your baffles, but I just look at that as an added bonus. LMAO

not a bad bonus at all :thumb:

Do you think that one would do better than the NAPA/Wix diesel fuel filter? I've seen YouTube videos where it did damn good with 22 ( of course) and 9mm through a bolt action. Less assembly work involved and probably a higher volume of expansion chamber area. Not that i know a damn thing about kinda stuff.

Try here for some answers. Just know that there is a big difference between sub and supersonic 300blk. A lot will depend on mounting and such.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=b725c9ff3cfe118befb115bf4d7e9c2b

oh im aware of the difference, I want it to be able to handle supersonic loads for hunting and then I can just have fun with the subsonic ones. Main things it will be used for would be .300blk/9mm and prob some 5.56 though I know it wont sound great through a .30 cal can

Do you think that one would do better than the NAPA/Wix diesel fuel filter? I've seen YouTube videos where it did damn good with 22 ( of course) and 9mm through a bolt action. Less assembly work involved and probably a higher volume of expansion chamber area. Not that i know a damn thing about kinda stuff.
I've seen some of the WIX filter builds on youtube and they got some damn good results on a .22 rifle. That thing was CRAZY quite, but I don't know if the filter body is steel or aluminum. If it's aluminum I'd be scared to shoot a .30 cal through it. If it's steel it should work fine.

I really haven't really looked into the D tube stuff much, but I've got a form 1 pending right now and plan to do a B tube 9mm suppressor. It'll work with a Gemtech LID so I'll be able to use it on a Glock.

:becky:

hqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom