• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So talk me out of an AR-10

I'll add, though I have nothing against factory offerings, I always find myself more satisfied building it myself exactly how I want it. Usually save enough to even out with the upgrades factored in the long run. I'd take an Aero M5 upper/lower/rail combo with my choice of barrel and trigger over an M&P or DPMS at that price point any day. Excellent machining, quality parts, DPMS pattern so everything fits. Should be able to get in at your price point with a good barrel of your choice and leave enough for a quality trigger.
I have an 18" Aero 556 gun... love it. Great rifle for the cash.

I've already been looking at the M5's from them. Or the "OEM" rifle that Brownells is selling from them, less the handguard and buttstock.

I got one recently and from the little I've had the chance to shoot it's a blast. The only issue is feeding the hungry beast, it's not cheap.

The only other things I would consider in 308 would be the Ruger Precision rifle if you want something for long range and bolt, or maybe an FN-AR. Semi Auto but a bit more precision vs most of the AR10 offerings.

Got some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm looking to buy something.

Have all the pistols that strike my fancy at the moment, less the new CZ P10c... but I've got one on order.

Looking for some immediate satisfaction.

Already have tons of AR's in 5.56 and in 300 blackout. Have a CZ Scorpion tickling that PCC fetish. So I don't think an AR in 9mm will do it for me.

Would prefer not to add some new (or niche) caliber and I've already got a Rem 700 in 308... so that's brought me towards the AR10.

I already know they lack the parts commonality that the little brother has. Aside from that... what's not to like?

Any other 308 semi rifles I should be looking at? Looking to be in the $1000-1200 wheelhouse for the rifle, less optics of course.

Help me spend some money!
I won't try to talk you into something else. You know the price of the 308, that is the only down side of it

Back
Top Bottom