• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what’s the deal with pre lock?

Why carry at all? When you get up in the morning what's the chance of you using your weapon to defend yourself? Pretty insignificant chance, huh?

I've got no dog in this fight, but what are the chances of you trying to drag an argument out well beyond any reasonable limit? Just a tad higher maybe?

I guess I am just asking what the failure rates were pre and post lock. Did they change measurably, and was it the lock that made the difference.

If no, then worrying about the lock when there are nearly two decades of data out there, seems pretty moot, no?

I still suspect that this is largely people's hatred of Hillary and the Nanny State, trying to make an argument to support how they feel... rather than feeling based on any real world impact that the lock brought to the equation. :-)

8a8efab2c7c3cc452012147071f733e8.gif

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Now I am dizzy.

First of all, learn to take a joke now and again... it will add years to your life to not be so wound up and angry all the time...

Second... I don't know if I had a second point...

Third, it's not whether I am tolerant of risk or not. It is whether there even IS a risk, or if it is merely perception.

In a nutshell, that's what the debate is. Does the lock actually make the revolver less reliable. I don't care why someone thinks that it will, or that it might, or that it should... DOES it. HAS it.

What were the failure rates of Smith revolvers before the lock, vs after the lock? Was there any significant shift that can be attributed to the introduction of the lock?

If yes, then you would be right and I would be wrong.

If not, well, you see how this goes...

So now everything you posted was a joke...

It's possible to get hit by a meteor, but I don't really worry about it...
Since we are now so into splitting hairs and being adversarial just for the halibut, you can't be struck by a meteor (much as that might make some of us giggle at this point) unless you are in a spaceship. A meteorite on the other hand...

My feelings on the HH: It's not the beauty mark on Cindy Crawford's angelic face, it's Hilary's unwashed balloon knot. "Awww, it's just a little biddy hole in the side of the revolver, you can barely see it!" Huh??! Yeah, maybe if you're Mr. Magoo.

Try to sell me idk, a sxs shotgun with a nice walnut stock for $300. I'll buy it.
Now try to sell me a shotgun identical in all aspects to the one above, except that it has an engraving of Justin Bieber's scrotum on that otherwise perfect walnut stock. But but it's only $250! No thanks.
Now introduce a potential point of failure (however small) to the Bieber scrotum shotty. No thanks. I am not a Belieber.
7 and 8-shot Smiths are great with or without the HH, and I've been tempted by PC Smiths. Didn't bite though.

Unless I'm nuts, the aesthetic of a firearm plays a role in it's desirability --> impacts collectability.

Since we are now so into splitting hairs and being adversarial just for the halibut, you can't be struck by a meteor (much as that might make some of us giggle at this point) unless you are in a spaceship. A meteorite on the other hand...

My feelings on the HH: It's not the beauty mark on Cindy Crawford's angelic face, it's Hilary's unwashed balloon knot. "Awww, it's just a little biddy hole in the side of the revolver, you can barely see it!" Huh??! Yeah, maybe if you're Mr. Magoo.

Try to sell me idk, a sxs shotgun with a nice walnut stock for $300. I'll buy it.
Now try to sell me a shotgun identical in all aspects to the one above, except that it has an engraving of Justin Bieber's scrotum on that otherwise perfect walnut stock. But but it's only $250! No thanks.
Now introduce a potential point of failure (however small) to the Bieber scrotum shotty. No thanks. I am not a Belieber.
7 and 8-shot Smiths are great with or without the HH, and I've been tempted by PC Smiths. Didn't bite though.

Unless I'm nuts, the aesthetic of a firearm plays a role in it's desirability --> impacts collectability.

No arguments on aesthetics and whether collectors want them... simply wondered if the reputation for failure was warranted, and it seems clear it isn’t.

Back
Top Bottom