• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Which claims? The only one I saw that was a bit of a stretch was the FZ1 at 175mph... The FZ1 is a stout bike, but even with a pipe and a tune, the 160's is about all they can do...

The power on today's bikes are insane. The 1198 that I had was putting down 162hp and 92ft/lbs of torque at the wheel on the dyno, in a bike that weighed about the same as an R6... And the bikes today, are a good step up in power from that, many of them pushing 180hp+ at the wheel in stock form...

If not for modern electronics packages, we would be picking a lot more riders out of ditches and trees...

It's why you are seeing 600 class sales plummet. Literbikes are no longer as scary as they used to be. With ABS, Traction and Launch control, variable power modes, etc... You can take that fire breathing monster, and with the flick of a switch transform it into a tame pussycat...

175 on a FZ1? I must have missed that one. I've run that fast and a bit more on a Busa but never my FZ1. I've never wrapped out my FZ1 but I doubt I could get it much over 150.

As a general rule I keep under triple digits.

175 on a FZ1? I must have missed that one. I've run that fast and a bit more on a Busa but never my FZ1. I've never wrapped out my FZ1 but I doubt I could get it much over 150.

As a general rule I keep under triple digits.

My mildly tuned (Ivan's/Walker/Yosh) first generation Fazer (FZ1) had no problem hitting an honest 140 with alacrity. My sense of self-preservation limited those shenanigans to the rare occurrence.

Which claims? The only one I saw that was a bit of a stretch was the FZ1 at 175mph... The FZ1 is a stout bike, but even with a pipe and a tune, the 160's is about all they can do...

The power on today's bikes are insane. The 1198 that I had was putting down 162hp and 92ft/lbs of torque at the wheel on the dyno, in a bike that weighed about the same as an R6... And the bikes today, are a good step up in power from that, many of them pushing 180hp+ at the wheel in stock form...

If not for modern electronics packages, we would be picking a lot more riders out of ditches and trees...

It's why you are seeing 600 class sales plummet. Literbikes are no longer as scary as they used to be. With ABS, Traction and Launch control, variable power modes, etc... You can take that fire breathing monster, and with the flick of a switch transform it into a tame pussycat...
I know what they will do. I either ride or help others ride them to their peak on a drag strip.
Smaller guys are doing great things on liter bikes, on a budget. One of the best guys in the sport has his down about 300 lbs, stock motor bike. Mid 8s at about 160, but Hayabusa's and ZX14 still rule the day, and an added benefit is they will tote us bigger guys around. LOL
Haven't seen a 1100 or 1200 come close to what what the liter or 1350s are doing, without MAJOR modifications.

Well guys, Sorry you're calling me a liar, but I was there, you weren't. The needle was past 180 on the speedo. I don't know how fast I was actually going because speedo's vary in their accuracy, but one thing I DO know is I don't lie, exaggerate, or just make **** up....

Well, I may exaggerate a little now and then...a little...
I bought the bike new with 1900 miles on it. It was yamaha's poster bike out in California. Already had the full GYTR package on it, so I don't know if it was(is) hopped up any or not.

Well guys, Sorry you're calling me a liar, but I was there, you weren't. The needle was past 180 on the speedo. I don't know how fast I was actually going because speedo's vary in their accuracy, but one thing I DO know is I don't lie, exaggerate, or just make **** up....
I don't doubt the MPH claims, even 600s should be able to attain 160+ given enough room.

Since it's cause some contention, I was referring to 100MPH wheelies without serious mods. You do see videos, showing the speedo at 100+ but what you don't see is the gearing. Wheelies are the result of too low of an RPM and applying power. 100+ in itself requires a high RPM and gear.
My Busa has a bone stock motor and length, with some minor gearing and I've lost enough weight that is comparable to a 1000 maybe even lighter. Took 20lbs off the front end alone.

No way it's coming up at 100mph.

I don't doubt the MPH claims, even 600s should be able to attain 160+ given enough room.

Since it's cause some contention, I was referring to 100MPH wheelies without serious mods. You do see videos, showing the speedo at 100+ but what you don't see is the gearing. Wheelies are the result of too low of an RPM and applying power. 100+ in itself requires a high RPM and gear.
My Busa has a bone stock motor and length, with some minor gearing and I've lost enough weight that is comparable to a 1000 maybe even lighter. Took 20lbs off the front end alone.

No way it's coming up at 100mph.

Now that's bullstuff. I unintentionally brought the front tire of my buddies busa off the ground at 120 and he had an 8 inch stretch.

Hell the front end came up at 80 on my FZ1 20 minutes ago when I downshifted one gear two many to pass a truck

I know what they will do. I either ride or help others ride them to their peak on a drag strip.
Smaller guys are doing great things on liter bikes, on a budget. One of the best guys in the sport has his down about 300 lbs, stock motor bike. Mid 8s at about 160, but Hayabusa's and ZX14 still rule the day, and an added benefit is they will tote us bigger guys around. LOL
Haven't seen a 1100 or 1200 come close to what what the liter or 1350s are doing, without MAJOR modifications.

Big difference from a mountain road and a drag strip. I'll eat your Busa's lunch going over Ft. Mountain on @Wallace's Ninja 250.

Eating my lunch right now.

20170401_114623.jpg

Big difference from a mountain road and a drag strip. I'll eat your Busa's lunch going over Ft. Mountain on @Wallace's Ninja 250.
OK what's the point? I don't care anything about mountain riding. Standing 1/8 1/4 and 1miles interest me and I speak of that almost exclusively. If I wanted to do the twisties I would likely have a 1K Suzuki, BMW or Honda.
Or of course riding my hot rod Harley is a lot of fun, but I still rarely power into the turns where I have to lay it sideways. Insane high speeds is what I know.

Back
Top Bottom