• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

I don't doubt the MPH claims, even 600s should be able to attain 160+ given enough room.

Since it's cause some contention, I was referring to 100MPH wheelies without serious mods. You do see videos, showing the speedo at 100+ but what you don't see is the gearing. Wheelies are the result of too low of an RPM and applying power. 100+ in itself requires a high RPM and gear.
My Busa has a bone stock motor and length, with some minor gearing and I've lost enough weight that is comparable to a 1000 maybe even lighter. Took 20lbs off the front end alone.

No way it's coming up at 100mph.

Wanted to also point out that both my ZX7R and my FZ1 do 100+ in second gear.

Looking at the specs, the busa has a 2" longer wheelbase, and the wet weight is over 100lbs more than the 1198 or most other literbikes...

That's a huge difference.
Mines not anywhere near 100 Lbs over anymore. And 2" might or might not be significant, depending on where the weight and all, that being said it's a twisty bike so the weight should be short and high. I'm not saying it's not a torque monster. But I would have to see a wheelie obtained after the bike was going 120mph to believe it on a stock bike.

Mines not anywhere near 100 Lbs over anymore. And 2" might or might not be significant, depending on where the weight and all, that being said it's a twisty bike so the weight should be short and high. I'm not saying it's not a torque monster. But I would have to see a wheelie obtained after the bike was going 120mph to believe it on a stock bike.

What gear are you in at the end of a 1/4 mile run? Are you running up to red line?

I don't know what to tell you.. 3rd gear power wheelies are not uncommon with today's literbikes... when you are in second gear and approaching redline at just over 100mph and slam it up to third, if you are not tucking in over the front, it absolutely can bring the front end up if you are in the meat of your powerband...

A busa is designed to win at the drag strip, and as a result, the weight bias, length and chassis design is intended to keep the front down as much as possible.

Literbikes are designed to be much lighter, much shorter and they are far more wheelie prone as a result. What makes them better on a race track, makes them more prone to wheelies... what makes the busa less prone to wheelies, makes it slower around a race track...

2013 Street Glide
IMG_1939.JPG

Back
Top Bottom