• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So... who has lost a favorite watering hole due to new 'no guns' sign?

I dont drink.

Chug chug chug!!!!

image.jpmagazine.com_f_9832428_154_0608_04_z_moab_easter_jeep_safari_trail_head_chug_beer.jpg

It's already illegal to drink in a bar when carrying a firearm in Georgia; the owner just added insult by alienating his customers who eat there and don't drink alcohol because they are carrying.
No it's not anymore. Not illegal to carry an drink, never has been. Is illegal and has been for as long as I remember to discharge a firearm and be over the legal limit. (Unless it is in Defence)

Last edited:
How many here want the responcibility of a large group of intoxicated armed drunken people at their home?That being said back in the day the group I hung with always had guns on them...Biker knows what I mean... LOL

No it's not anymore. Not illegal to carry an drink, never has been. Is illegal and has been for as long as I remember to discharge a firearm and be over the legal limit. (Unless it is in Defence)

So I can "legally" go in a bar while carrying, and drink, and be legal?

I don't go to bars but if I did a magical "no gun sign" would at the very least make me reconsider supporting an establishment with such a viewpoint.

It was loudly predicted in public media that when Georgia legally allowed legally permitted weapons carriers to enter establishments that served alcohol but more food that innocent blood would be awash in these establishments. As was the same prediction when bar owners were allowed the right to allow legal weapons carriers to step foot on their property/bar.... What became of this as it has been legal for years?

What about, gasp the loons in states that allow it already??? It's been done before, so are they revoking the right yet in those states that allow it?

The absolute in this issue is; a drunk asshole will not pay a sign much consideration if the intent is there. The sign disarms those who are typically never an issue and allows them to become easy prey. This has been the case since the inception of "Gun Free" zones that disarm the majority (most law abiding good folks) and allows the criminal element as well as the insane a tactical advantage that with consistent repetition keeps repeating itself.

And what do we expect?

So if doing some research the non-biased insight gained from the past when the people are not prohibited or disbarred the use or possession of arms is crime does not go up. In fact when the people are restricted, prohibited and barred the possession of arms crime typically goes up. It is repeatable fact but it is consistently ignored even by those who consider themselves strong 2A supporters.

It's the whole distrust of your fellow man thing that influences and feeds these misconceptions. The far majority of the public and when scrutinized the sub-set of weapons carriers are model citizens. It's a small part of society that acts out in criminal fashion but we judge the rest of society based on the few. Of course there will always be exceptions but to base policy on those rare events is rather naïve and absurd.

No, an establishment that buys into this false security is ignorant to reality and I would be hard pressed to support them in their ignorance. It's personal to me as it should be to any American who can comprehend just what a "right" is verses a "privilege" is or is not. As well be armed with facts and non-biased data to support their stance rather than emotion and "feel good" viewpoints.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom