Some news on the Octane 45 & 44 Magnum

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
From Silencerco who is using my 77/44 (44magnum rifle 17.5" barrel)
The factory ammo we had was not very hot however it didn't stress the Octane a bit. It stayed cooler than I expected as well. In limited numbers I think you will be just fine running 44 mag through it

I'm still trying to get confirmation on my Osprey, but it looks good for 44magnum in rifle platforms.

The "limited" numbers part has me wondering. Will they warranty it if it does fail?
I think it is a case by case basis, I wont divulge my full email, but since it was tested on my specific host they made some statements regarding use on my specific host.

Again, the math adds up to say it is safe, but I wanted their word. Neither the Osprey or the Octane showed signs of stress, but this was not a long term test so I doubt anyone has gained any additional protection on their warranty.

Additionally, I'm not posting anything on the Osprey, because I don't want to be responsible for someone blowing theirs up by not following the more detailed instructions given to me. After a few hundred rounds of 44mag they are interested to know how its doing, so I will probably let a handful of you guys know here who I can PM about it.

Looking forwards to this info. Going with the octane hd myself specifically for the 77/44mag. Mine will be 16" too

I went with 17.5", I want that powder to have as much room as possible to burn off so I'm not sending unburnt powder at high speed against my baffles causing erosion. I'm not sure when factory 44mag ammo has burnt off all it's powder though so I may be overkill.

Back
Top Bottom