Some news on the Octane 45 & 44 Magnum

Yeah, I definitely like the weight of the 9, and I want a lever action .357 reeeeeeal bad.

a 357 lever/bolt gun will be quieter than a 44, cheaper subs available, easier to find 38(subs) than 44SPL,and just as easy to reload. The only thing you loose is that large caliber allure, I just love having a big whopper, hopefully I'll get to use it near the end fo July on a hog hunt I have planned in S. Ga.(unsuppressed of course)

Last edited:
I have considered a 45colt suppressed host, but it seems more expensive than 44SPL, AMIRITE?

- - - Updated - - -

That would be an awesome setup. I may eventually do a threaded 44mag lever project

I wonder how long of a barrel you could get on one of those, anything to cut down on pressure and keep quieter.

I was thinking the 96/44 to keep all things ruger. My bud has a 77/357, maybe I could convince him to get it threaded for my ti rant 9.

I have a 300blk for hog hunting, either way I too wish they would legalize suppressed hunting, even for small game hunting.

I have considered a 45colt suppressed host, but it seems more expensive than 44SPL, AMIRITE?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how long of a barrel you could get on one of those, anything to cut down on pressure and keep quieter.

Do you reload? I imagine it would be similar in cost. I'm not sure, I don't buy or reload .44 mag or .45 colt. I do reload .357 and its dirt cheap with cast bullets, which is why I like the ability to take apart my HD 9. Or should I say I will like the ability if the BATFE ever decides I'm allowed to pick up the one I paid for in January.

I was thinking the 96/44 to keep all things ruger. My bud has a 77/357, maybe I could convince him to get it threaded for my ti rant 9.

I have a 300blk for hog hunting, either way I too wish they would legalize suppressed hunting, even for small game hunting.

I just cant get into the looks of the 96 series, but I know suppressor guys absolutely love them. I just wish there was a decent priced side eject lever action out there so I can scope up a decent host.

Do you reload? I imagine it would be similar in cost. I'm not sure, I don't buy or reload .44 mag or .45 colt. I do reload .357 and its dirt cheap with cast bullets, which is why I like the ability to take apart my HD 9. Or should I say I will like the ability if the BATFE ever decides I'm allowed to pick up the one I paid for in January.
That's exactly why I am going with the 45hd, leadcast bullets are cheap to free as opposed to fancy jacketed ammo

I just cant get into the looks of the 96 series, but I know suppressor guys absolutely love them. I just wish there was a decent priced side eject lever action out there so I can scope up a decent host.
I don't think it looks to bad so I have no issue. I just don't need one 44mag rifle so having two or three is harderfor me to stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it looks to bad so I have no issue. I just don't need one 44mag rifle so having two or three is harderfor me to stomach.

I have all the equipment, I still need to pick up powder, primers, bullets. The 44 is cheap to load compared to factory, but still not as cheap as 38. Especially considering I want 300gr bullets and will have to buy jacketed until I get a Octane 45.

Back
Top Bottom