• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some people have no sense of humor! ADHD kid gets award "most likely to not pay attention"

I heard this story on the radio and laughed. If my son would have come home with that award I would totally understand. I think kids are becoming overly sheltered and their feelings are too protected. I feel the teacher has the right to call him out on it if he is being a turd.

Just my personal opinion with my own child. This isn't taking into any special circumstances and each child and parent is different.

I don't think that there's that much difference in the children as it is in the parents. These overly protective, find excuses for, my kid does no wrong, non disciplining parents are the biggest problem.

I had a problem paying attention, but about the third time I got my butt whooped with a belt or a switch, I figured out real quick that I should start paying attention.

Kids today are way smarter than their parents, because their parents think the kids are semi retarded.

I've always believed that children are off limits when it comes to pointing out their challenges.....especially things they cannot control.

Like if they had an epileptic seizure?

What about crapping or peeing in their pants?

What about not listening? Most kids that don't listen aren't deaf.

Like all the kids laughing at the fat kid because he can't swing across the monkey bars?

My oldest boy could be diagnosed ADHD, but he's still scared of a belt and an ass whoopin. Those always seem to straighten him right up. Too many "helicopter parents" now who are Involved in everything their kids do and shelter them from everything.

There ain't nothing like a little heat on the seat to melt the wax in the ears.

Those that can, do and those that cannot, teach. Teachers are some of the stupidest people I have ever encountered. And....I have a Secondary Teaching degree. The best thing that a lot of teachers can teach a child is "don't end up like me, a worthless dumbass, or you will be a teacher too".

I know there are some very dedicated teachers, but they are too few and far between.

Back
Top Bottom