• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Some people have no sense of humor! ADHD kid gets award "most likely to not pay attention"

I was the only kid to ever to get a award for riding this puppy 8 years straight and putting on over a 100,000 miles on it,

Little Bus.jpg

Sounds like PC ******* win again. Its a joke. Not like he got the retard award.
Wow...."the retard award?" Really?

I'm amazed - although I'm not sure why I continue to be - at the fact that some of you just don't get this. It has nothing to do with political correctness and certainly doesn't have anything to do with anyone being or not being a "snowflake." It's about malicious misuse of power and authority. Whether or not you personally believe that ADHD is a thing or not is irrelevant. It is recognized in the field as being a legitimate condition and as such is not something that someone in the education profession should use as a prop to take a shot at some kid. I'd bet every penny I have that if this was any one of your kids, the thread would not be about how funny it was. It's no different than awarding the "Most Likely to Take Ten Minutes to ask a question" award to the kid who stutters...it's publicly pointing out a kid's weakness, not to help them with it, but to highlight it for comedic effect. No two ways about it; that's wrong.

I knew that wood bring you out of the would wurk.:wacko:
The only thing funnier to me than watching people take shots at others' intelligence with their own lack thereof on display, is the ends to which they'll go, when skewered, to make an "I did it on purpose" response post. :ranger:

Wow...."the retard award?" Really?

I'm amazed - although I'm not sure why I continue to be - at the fact that some of you just don't get this. It has nothing to do with political correctness and certainly doesn't have anything to do with anyone being or not being a "snowflake." It's about malicious misuse of power and authority. Whether or not you personally believe that ADHD is a thing or not is irrelevant. It is recognized in the field as being a legitimate condition and as such is not something that someone in the education profession should use as a prop to take a shot at some kid. I'd bet every penny I have that if this was any one of your kids, the thread would not be about how funny it was. It's no different than awarding the "Most Likely to Take Ten Minutes to ask a question" award to the kid who stutters...it's publicly pointing out a kid's weakness, not to help them with it, but to highlight it for comedic effect. No two ways about it; that's wrong.
I think only the weak munded would get offended by this. My daughter has adhd and if she got this award at the end of the year we would all laugh about it and understand it was a joke. We would not be a little bitch about it and get a teacher fired.

Back
Top Bottom