• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some people have no sense of humor! ADHD kid gets award "most likely to not pay attention"

Being a grammar Nazi is not an indicator of intellect. In fact, it speaks more toward anal-retentive tendencies and inflated ego. Just sayin'.

He probably has no one else that will talk or play with him. God I hope he is only like 15 years old, and not a grown man, and I certainly hope hasn't reproduced.

So then he has a 5th grader comeback about sombody's momma wearing combat boots or something. lol

It's pretty bad when some ignorant punk wants to talk about banging an 80+ year old woman. lol

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

Wow...."the retard award?" Really?

I'm amazed - although I'm not sure why I continue to be - at the fact that some of you just don't get this. It has nothing to do with political correctness and certainly doesn't have anything to do with anyone being or not being a "snowflake." It's about malicious misuse of power and authority. Whether or not you personally believe that ADHD is a thing or not is irrelevant. It is recognized in the field as being a legitimate condition and as such is not something that someone in the education profession should use as a prop to take a shot at some kid. I'd bet every penny I have that if this was any one of your kids, the thread would not be about how funny it was. It's no different than awarding the "Most Likely to Take Ten Minutes to ask a question" award to the kid who stutters...it's publicly pointing out a kid's weakness, not to help them with it, but to highlight it for comedic effect. No two ways about it; that's wrong.
I bowed out when I realized it would be an attempt to explain to supposed 'adults' why it's inappropriate for an 'adult', and a teacher at that, to ridicule a kid with a diagnosed condition. I've got a lot of time to waste, but not that much.

Back
Top Bottom