• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some people have no sense of humor! ADHD kid gets award "most likely to not pay attention"

Paying attention is not an innate character trait. It's a learned skill. I'm still learning. I haven't given up and started taking happy pills to make me "calm down" and "focus" I'm not giving them to my child either. The award may have been a little "insensitive' but look around folks, the world is dirty and gritty and painful. That's what I've taught my kids...life is not fair and no one really gives a $h!t about your feelings. You get out what you put in. YMMV

Wow...."the retard award?" Really?

I'm amazed - although I'm not sure why I continue to be - at the fact that some of you just don't get this. It has nothing to do with political correctness and certainly doesn't have anything to do with anyone being or not being a "snowflake." It's about malicious misuse of power and authority. Whether or not you personally believe that ADHD is a thing or not is irrelevant. It is recognized in the field as being a legitimate condition and as such is not something that someone in the education profession should use as a prop to take a shot at some kid. I'd bet every penny I have that if this was any one of your kids, the thread would not be about how funny it was. It's no different than awarding the "Most Likely to Take Ten Minutes to ask a question" award to the kid who stutters...it's publicly pointing out a kid's weakness, not to help them with it, but to highlight it for comedic effect. No two ways about it; that's wrong.

See the above "Lighten up, Francis" post.

NOT EVERYONE NEEDS AN AWARD!!!!!!
awards are rewards for doing something better than others...not for just being..
was it crappy, maybe. did they just run out of imaginary awards to give out, most likely.
they give kids who always pretend they are sick, the played thru sickness awards..
what does that teach anyone??? losing sucks, thats why we dont call it winning.

In fact, my daughter got "the ants in your pants" award in 1st grade because she cant sit still for 2 seconds. Funny.

In today's snowflake wussified world this would be considered a life changing event causing her to be mentally scarred for life. She would need to be medicated to protect her from feelings of guilt and developing a phobia against physically getting ants in her pants. She would also need counseling for the rest of her life to deal with people pointing out her flaws. She might even qualify for a handicapped placard or government disability.

The only thing funnier to me than watching people take shots at others' intelligence with their own lack thereof on display, is the ends to which they'll go, when skewered, to make an "I did it on purpose" response post. :ranger:

So when you take those shots at others intellegence, do you stand in front of a mirror, or do you video yourself?

So when you take those shots at others intellegence, do you stand in front of a mirror, or do you video yourself?
Neither, your mother's bedroom is a wreck and we've already drained the camera batteries.

Also, *intelligence.

Additionally, in before you said I you did it intentionally.

Lastly, go forth and empty thy bladder upon igneous secretions.

Back
Top Bottom