• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some Questions for the 10/22 Fans

Y'all just got the email the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger is in stock. Just ordered one!!!!!
https://www.classicfirearms.com/franklin-armory-bfsiii-22-c1-binary-trigger-for-10-22-rifles-5775a/

I've been back and forth on binary triggers for both my 10/22 and Scorpion but keep pushing off because I am concerned they are going to go the way of the bump stock. I know the initial ruling is that it is 2 separate actions therefore still semi-automatic, is there any reason to think that will eventually change or do y'all feel pretty good about these staying legal?

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but does anyone have any experience with the Ruger completion model or the bergera bxr. I have built 10-22’s in the past just want something factory but not 1000 dollar Kidd’s or higher.

I've been back and forth on binary triggers for both my 10/22 and Scorpion but keep pushing off because I am concerned they are going to go the way of the bump stock. I know the initial ruling is that it is 2 separate actions therefore still semi-automatic, is there any reason to think that will eventually change or do y'all feel pretty good about these staying legal?
For now we are good. Come election time, we will see. I'll just remove the sticker on the trigger group if things go south.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but does anyone have any experience with the Ruger completion model or the bergera bxr. I have built 10-22’s in the past just want something factory but not 1000 dollar Kidd’s or higher.

I've researched both quite a bit. I've held and dry fired both (didn't ask, they told me to try the triggers). The Bergara felt better, was cheaper, and seems to be more popular. I've talked to owners and read posts sighting issues with the carbon barrels having issues cold bore issues. I held both Bergaras and liked the balance from the steel barrel better, and it didn't seem much heavier. The only other issue I have heard with the Bergara is that the mags don't drop easily and I confirmed this when I looked at one at GA Firing Line last week. Feedback on the Ruger seems to be that it is overpriced for what it is and that you could build a stock model out for the same price with better components. It has the BX trigger which is a step above the stock trigger but a lot of people are still sending those in to Brimstone for work.

The Bergara BXR's seem to be having lot's of issues. Mainly feeding and ejection.

get a connan ! with a green lazer !

Attachments

• 1022 cannon lft side.jpg
    1022 cannon lft side.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom