Sons of the confederacy

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
I was curious if the Blue Ridge Rangers from the civil war would qualify for them. I have been doing a lot genealogy research and believe my great grandfather was the one on the roster from Lumpkin co.

Or are their any members here from Lumpkin county that has any more detailed I for the Blue Ridge Rangers?

I don't see why they wouldn't
You have to have good genealogy paperwork. Not just papers with someone with the same last name.
I keep meaning to get around to it, one of these days

If you were joining SAR then the paperwork trail has to be very extensive. To join the SCV the application is very basic and not much paperwork is required. Contact the Commander of the camp which you are wishing to join and they will gladly help you outin your research.

Past Comander of Lt. James T. Woodward SCV camp #1399.

My problem stands to be James Jones show on the muster roll. The problem lies within the fact he never applied for pent ion benefits that I could find at the state archives which would have helped tremendously.

Any Jones from the Cane Creek area on here lol

My problem stands to be James Jones show on the muster roll. The problem lies within the fact he never applied for pent ion benefits that I could find at the state archives which would have helped tremendously.

Any Jones from the Cane Creek area on here lol

Many of them never lived to apply for the pensions. Ancestry.com is very helpful as well as the archives in Atl. Most of my info came from the Macon library. They had a deal at one time where you could just call them up with the info you were searching for and they would look it up, print it out and send it to you with a bill for the pages printed. Most camps have historians who thoroughly enjoy helping others track down the necessary data.

SCV will do your genealogy for you. We have members who had no idea if their ancestors were Confederates or not. Some members have ancestors on both sides. Lots of them, in fact. The group that meets around the Walton County area are a very active and fun group. If you ever pass through Social Circle and drive to the cemetary behind Ace Hardware in ther old part of town, take a look at the flags flying on the graves. It is a beautiful sight. I'm sure they will gladly speak with you about the Blue Ridge Rangers andwould love to hear anything you may know about them. But to answer your question, any person who had a Confederate ancestor qualifies for SCV. They will find your genealogy and help you discover plenty. Please join up and embrace your heritage. If you need any more info, send me a pm and I'll be glad to try and assist. Later

Back
Top Bottom