• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

South Fulton Firearms Hunting

FreedomUSMC

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
22   0
Reaction score
Be advised that the unincorporated area of South Fulton is no more. According to SFPD and the new County maps, all of the unincorporated areas have been re-zoned into a city. City ordinance states no discharging of firearms within city limits. As such, no hunting or target shooting. I'll post more info as I get it.

You couldn’t firearms deer hunt a lot of that before it was a city anyway.

They had an archery only line in relation to 92. I can’t remember the exact details.
Yup. I use to live in North Fayette (Fairburn mailing) and the gun line (92) was just a mile south of me.
SF_Boundary.png

They did a ****ed up job annexing the southern part of this county. You got the cities of Fairburn, Union City, College Park, Palmetto and the new Chattahoochee Hills all at play around their service area were one street you might be in one city and the next street the people on this half of the street might not be. Reminds me of Tampa.

You couldn’t firearms deer hunt a lot of that before it was a city anyway.

They had an archery only line in relation to 92. I can’t remember the exact details.

Hunters I know hunted along Cascade Palmetto Hwy. Thousands of acres out this way. Land owner been allowing it for years. There's one spot that's about 450 acres and owned by the county. Plenty deer stands and feeders but they never say anything.

That didn't get into your gun range did it?

The question was brought up because some of the CSF officers hunt in the area and were told there's no discharging firearms in the city limits. A few police buddies were shooting with me last week when 2 CSF cops showed up. They tried to make up some bs law and we called them on it. They had to call their Command and ended up being wrong. Turns out they don't even know where the city limits are or the regulations.

There's 2 gun ranges in the city and several people shoot in their backyards. It's never been an issue until now. So we're figuring out what the definitive word is. If there's absolutely no shooting in city limits, then that means no firearms hunting, those 2 county ranges have to be shut down, and all the people shooting on their own property have to be stopped. But I doubt that'll happen.

Hunters I know hunted along Cascade Palmetto Hwy. Thousands of acres out this way. Land owner been allowing it for years. There's one spot that's about 450 acres and owned by the county. Plenty deer stands and feeders but they never say anything.

I know you've invested a lot of your time and money into your place. I hope it all works out for you

Back
Top Bottom