• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Speeding ticket

What is I.Q. ? Is it attached to the trigger?

O.C.G.A. §40-6-188 states a “highway work zone" means a segment of any highway, road, or street where the Department of Transportation, a county, a municipality, or any contractor for any of the foregoing is engaged in constructing, reconstructing, or maintaining the physical structure of the roadway or its shoulders or features adjacent to the roadway.

Better put, if someone is working on the roadway, it is a "work zone."

You can still receive a ticket even when workers are not present. If there are barriers, work vehicles, shoulder drop-offs, or a pavement drop off, then you can receive a ticket even without workers being present.

The penalties for speeding through a work zone in Georgia are severe. While most traffic violations are considered misdemeanors, speeding through a work zone is a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature. This means the fine is increased to up to $2,000 as well as up to one year in jail, or both. You will also receive points on your license based on the speed you were going. The points breakdown is as follows:

• 15-18 mph = two points
  • 19-23 mph = three points
  • 24-33 mph = four points
  • 34+ mph = six points
For CDL drivers, any three-point violation is considered a serious traffic violation, which in conjunction with any other three-point offense will suspend your driver's license.,

22 pages of BS when a police officer was just doing his job to slow down a speeder in a construction zone. Unfreakinbelievable!
Read the pages, the take away

-construction zone In Georgia is always active even with no workers present (an orange side in the road and nothing else somehow counts)
-cops wait at these zones during heavy travel days to make up quotas
-court system is also a racket (see revolving fine door)
-speeding tickets do not actually serve as deterrent (arguable)
-cops posted on side of road with radar gun lead to accidents

So, the Odt thinks it’s bull**** enough to yap 22 pages worth lol

They took the case because someone sued. It could just as easily been a case of diclscrimination based on shoe size or hair color...
You just don't want to believe it, but there's plenty of cops who will tell you they were straight up told their IQ was too high as a reason for not being hired. I've heard it several times. It's just what cities do when they have a hard time keeping officers, they don't accept applicants who score high on their aptitude test because they've found those officer are most likely to leave to another city.

It's a thing, whether you like it or not.

conflicted. I absolutely agree that most tickets are for revenue. Don’t think I’ve seen a comment from an LEO about this on here but would like to.

on the other hand most (vast majority) of LEO’s I’ve met or known even if looking at them through my car window have been professional and Courteous. But the ones that are not seem to be complete as%h*^s. Power gone to their heads.

and I do very much appreciate their service but most of the time they would be too late to help in a dire situation. In theft situations you may as well not call them. You will spend time talking with them and NOTHING will ever happen. You will never get another phone call from them and you will NOT get your stuff back. It’s not worth their time...and I guess I get that. Speeding tickets and traps and whatever is worth their time. Money coming in. Cudos from their leaders for money.

in summation...Fight it if you thinks it’s worth the time and agony going through the BS they make you go through or pay it and be done with it until your next speed trap. :)
^^^ Truth

Just FYI, Police Tickets go toward the City which funds the City Courts/Police Dept. Sheriff's Office Tickets go to the Court system. No funds go to the Sheriff's Office.

So who do you think have quotas?

Back
Top Bottom