Speedometer jacked up

There is a place downtown Atl called Speedometer exchange....on Spring st I think, they are alternative to dealer clusters, if they are still there. They rebuild them. Good work, good folks. Been there for years.

Yup, cluster. Dad has an 03 that the dealer replaced under warranty. He has less than 100k on his truck.

I had an 05' Cavalier. Same issue with exact same remedy unfortunately. There are places that will repair them but you would have to remove it yourself and send it to them for a period of time basically making the car useless and possibly permanently damaging your dash if you don't remove it the right way.
I had a 2003 silverado that did this. Dealer said the cluster needed replacing. About $600 for parts in 2008

There's a few people that rebuild the cluster for a fair price, think it's about $150 to change all of the stepper motors. That includes free shipping both ways. One of them is drspeedometer.com. Everything that I've read/viewed seems to be a fairly simple job to remove and replace the cluster. Also read that's you can still drive the vehicle with the cluster removed. If you do this, there is a free version of "torque" that you can use with your smart phone and a $10 obd reader to use until you get the cluster put back in.

The speedometer on my 2005 Suburban won't accurately measure my speed. Sometimes it rises as I accelerate and then falls even though there's no decrease in speed. Sometimes the needle never moves off of zero and sometimes there's no problem whatsoever. Suggestions & thoughts please.
sometimes its the cluster but could be a 45 dollar speed sensor if so equiped located at or near the drive shaft out-put on the trans

Really? They replaced an 11 year old part under warranty? Mine has 90k on it.

Biker, I'll give you a call later. Trying to prevent a house fire smh
His went out a couple years ago(2009) his was just under the mileage cutoff. I think it was a 65k mile limit.

Back
Top Bottom