• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sporterized Mausers= A Tragedy

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
Anyone else with me? Its the worst for such a nice set of weapons. I can't stand when a nice German K98 gets sporterized. Even the British Enfields

Useless without pics....

s3.hubimg.com_u_8105182_f520.jpg

There's no excuse to do it now, but most of these were done when you could pick them up at the hardware store for $29.95. It's hard to blame grandpa for what he did to the cheapest most plentiful rifle he had access to in the fifties.

There's no excuse to do it now, but most of these were done when you could pick them up at the hardware store for $29.95. It's hard to blame grandpa for what he did to the cheapest most plentiful rifle he had access to in the fifties.
Yeah true that

Gotta love em. They can be bought for a song and are designed to go thru hell and back. They make great rifles for beginning hunters and work out well as loaners or truck / farm guns. they are also great candidates for further tinkering, practicing home gunsmithing and learning how things work.

Sorry, that is a beautiful gun either way in original or re-finished. Whoever worked on that one, knew what the hell they were doing. Was it bedded too?

Nowadays, I'd be willing to get a Mosin and play around with it but by getting a synthetic stock allowing me to keep the original as is. I would also be willing to do the same thing to a Swiss K31.

Back
Top Bottom