Sports teams you pull for, but live no where close to them..

u realize deion and bo both played football more than baseball right?

It just goes to prove they were athletes, and at the highest level at that. Baseball is full of them. Their skills are athletic skills. Speed is not the only thing that makes an athlete. And some baseball players are just as athletic as anyone, like Deion and Bo.

Andruw was a big guy, period. His legs were like tree trunks. It doesn't matter how much he weighs if he can win 10 consecutive gold gloves in centerfield. He's an athlete and a very good one.

I have known guys that were 350-400 pounds who moved like cats. The NFL is full of them. Those linemen are fast and they are forced to play at a high level every game, week in and week out. So being big or overweight doesn't mean someone is not an athlete. Not at all.

I played 4 sports in HS:Ice Hockey (I made Captain as a junior and led the team in scoring all 4 years), Football (JV Starter DT), Basketball (JV Backup Shooting Guard), and Baseball (First base and pitcher all 4 years).

I've also played in public soccer and tennis leagues.

As an athlete, the hardest thing I would say I ever had to do was hit a pitched ball. I contend it is the hardest thing to do in sports. At least the sports I've played.

Ted Williams thought so too. I would have to agree, especially in the majors.

As an athlete, the hardest thing I would say I ever had to do was hit a pitched ball. I contend it is the hardest thing to do in sports. At least the sports I've played.
Not many other athletic endeavors where if you fail at it 2 out of 3 times you are considered a superstar. There's a reason for that.

Seeing all the talk about athletes and which are more so.... reminded me when someone I was talking to tried to tell me the best athletes were professional cyclists....

Agreeing that they were great athletes... just a little different. Uh maybe that cyclist should get in the ring with any boxer? It is always a difference of sport that brings up this topic it seems. Many sports can make a particular player seem unbelievable for their skill and athleticism. Is it quickness, toughness, endurance, speed or strength? All depends I suppose. Most will sort of agree that the fine tuned basketball star is very close if not the top of the list.

so basketball sucks because of their height? the avg basketball player is 6'7" the avg male is 6'3"

there are less than 20 players in the nba who are over 7 ft tall and they can barely jump

my question is why would anybody even watch baseball? buncha nonathletic morons swining a stick

Bro? Have you ever played baseball? It takes more hand eye coordination then ANY other sport imo. You have a 2 1/2 diameter ball coming at an average of 85mph and thats all of 60 ft away from you. You have to decide if to swing, how to swing, where to swing, all in under a second.

Athletes....

Curling+Olympic+Trials+Day+8+1BLoLgI1VTvl.jpg

i agree w/that, but that doesn't mean it is athleticism. it's skill. the hardest thing i've had to learn was to learn how to run full speed, as a defensive back, track the ball coming from behind me, intercept it over my shoulder keep the receiver from getting the ball and keep running at the same time

I bet you had to spit out your gum.

Back
Top Bottom