Sports teams you pull for, but live no where close to them..

skill vs athleticism. i didn't say on here that baseball wasn't a sport. i said baseball players are nonathletic

Non athletic? Surely you can't mean all of them...Or even the vast majority of them. Bo Jackson? Deion Sanders? Retired, yes, but to say baseball players are non athletic is beyond inaccurate. I agree not all of them are picture perfect figures and some of them are slow but almost all sports have players like this. Larry Bird was not very fast but he was one hell of a basketball player. One of the greatest of all time. Was he not a great athlete? There is a big difference in speed and quickness. Bird was quick but not a very fast runner. Even in football there is a difference in speed and football speed. Plenty of great boxers and UFC fighters admit they are not the fastest runners in the world but they are very quick in their movements. Bursts of quickness are more important in many sports than just speed. Maybe not on a fast break, kick off return, or a stolen base..But quickness is more important when hitting a fast ball, or a pick and roll, or a running back coming through the hole, or a quarterback avoiding a sack, or a boxer counterpunching, or a crossover dribble, etc...I could go on and on...

Everyone measure athleticism their own way. I suppose our opinions are much different.

so do u agree that avg baseball player is non athletic? mind u some pple don't know the difference between athleticism and skill

golfing is skill, soccer is athleticism

Of the top professional sports, IMO, baseball players tend to be on the bottom rung of what I would consider fit, however, they are athletic, just in a different way.

Let's face it, if you didn't have to be athletic to play in the big leagues, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom