Sports teams you pull for, but live no where close to them..

Of the top professional sports, IMO, baseball players tend to be on the bottom rung of what I would consider fit, however, they are athletic, just in a different way.

Let's face it, if you didn't have to be athletic to play in the big leagues, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Do you realize how awesome you must be to be the worst player in MLB?

they do. especially pitchers who only do one thing, work on their arm every 3 days

non pitchers have no excuse to be out of shape but they are
list of top out of shape players:
andrew jones, braxton, prince fielder, bengie molina, david ortiz, jenks, tommy hunter, sandoval

and that's just grossly overweight, not fat or obese

I see Andruw Jones is the first person on your list. He was always a little chunky but he also won 10 consecutive gold gloves in centerfield. It is impossible to win 10 gold gloves, especially in centerfield, unless you are one hell of an athlete. He was a much better fielder than a hitter. I have seen him make plays out there that were next to impossible. He was exceptional in the field. Greg Maddux said Jones was the best center fielder he had ever seen. I agree with Maddux.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the reason for the last sentence in my post. If it was easy, anyone could do it.

Oh I wasn't calling you out. I was in agreement.

No worries.

By the way, I know Andruw personally (I used to date his PA). Really nice guy. He looked chunky on TV, but I can promise you he was as strong as an ox.

College - all GATORS!
Hockey - Penguins
Baseball - Bravos!
Football - whoever is against the falcons to piss my friends off, but most Steelers
Basketball sucks
MX - Dungey and Millsaps

Do you realize how awesome you must be to be the worst player in MLB?

I played 4 sports in HS:Ice Hockey (I made Captain as a junior and led the team in scoring all 4 years), Football (JV Starter DT), Basketball (JV Backup Shooting Guard), and Baseball (First base and pitcher all 4 years).

I've also played in public soccer and tennis leagues.

As an athlete, the hardest thing I would say I ever had to do was hit a pitched ball. I contend it is the hardest thing to do in sports. At least the sports I've played.

As an athlete, the hardest thing I would say I ever had to do was hit a pitched ball. I contend it is the hardest thing to do in sports. At least the sports I've played.

i agree w/that, but that doesn't mean it is athleticism. it's skill. the hardest thing i've had to learn was to learn how to run full speed, as a defensive back, track the ball coming from behind me, intercept it over my shoulder keep the receiver from getting the ball and keep running at the same time

Back
Top Bottom