• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spring 2017 Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Rendezvous, 6/2-4, Blakely GA

Mowed? The range or the firing line? Never had an issue with the range being mowed. I'll have multiple weedeaters out there if we need to clean up the firing line.

I'll contact the range personnel a week out and request that the forward edge of the field he mowed. That is not a normal "firing line" for them, so they probably don't know that we need it to be mowed. Honestly, in 8 years of hosting this event on that range, no one has ever said anything to me about issues with the range needing mowed.

For Saturday, whether the firing line is on the berm and tower, or forward at the edge of the field, will depend on how many folks attend. I can fit more folks at the front of the field than I can on the berm/tower. We always shoot from the berm/tower on Sunday.

As always, we will have way more shooters on Saturday than Sunday. I try and tell folks that if you are only gonna attend one day, Sunday is preferable to Saturday.......but they still always sign up for Saturday.

Well, It was impossible to see misses without a spotter and scope in Nov. 2015, due to overgrowth of everything around the targets, because the place had gone out of business. For the same reason, we had to haul our gear up on the berm, to even be able to see many of the targets-- and lots were still invisible from the berm top.

I didn't complain; I just cut my losses and went home.

Well, It was impossible to see misses without a spotter and scope in Nov. 2015, due to overgrowth of everything around the targets, because the place had gone out of business. For the same reason, we had to haul our gear up on the berm, to even be able to see many of the targets-- and lots were still invisible from the berm top.

I didn't complain; I just cut my losses and went home.

This is the first I am hearing of this. I spotted all weekend and personally never had any issues, so if folks were having issues and didn't let me know, I couldn't rectify it. We had target crews and weedeaters; we could have cleaned up the target areas to assist Spotters easily enough.

I wouldn't have called it complaining; not everyone has the experience and capabilities as a Spotter that I have, or equipment as good as what I'm using. So, if someone has paid to attend one of my events and are not getting their money's worth, I need to know about it.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention now.

Since the place is open for regular business now, mowing won't be an issue, just like it wasn't an issue before their woes and subsequent closure. Prior to this, I always had contact with the facility just prior to the event to ensure that their full-time crew had the range squared away and ready for our arrival......just as I will this time. The unexpected closure, combined with the previous owners giving me very little information as to that fact, was the culprit. At that point, they did not have a full-time staff, and may not have had equipment.

Anywho, a moot point at this juncture, as they are once again a fully operating training facility.

Back
Top Bottom