• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield mil spec vs colt government series

glocker

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
I am wanting to purchase a plain Jane 1911 to store away for my kid one day to inherit. I want the gun to be new production. I am going to keep the gun stock, There is almost a 100$ difference between the 2 so price really isn’t an issue. I once owned a government model in the early 2000s that at the time was about 20 years old. I didn’t know what I had and traded it off. I need the great collective of the odt to come together and bring fourth all of your knowledge to help me make a decision . Thanks to all that participate.

The no white dot low profile sights on the Govt Model suck imo.
The slightly higher MilSpec sights are better but Novak style sights are the way to go on a 1911.
IIRC you gain a lowered and flared ejection port on the MilSpec too.
Of course anything can be changed/swapped but you mentioned you'll be leaving it stock.

The no white dot low profile sights on the Govt Model suck imo.
The slightly higher MilSpec sights are better but Novak style sights are the way to go on a 1911.
IIRC you gain a lowered and flared ejection port on the MilSpec too.
Of course anything can be changed/swapped but you mentioned you'll be leaving it stock.

Great feedback! This is golden knowledge, that I was looking for. I have a rock island 1911, that I carry on occasion and I’m pretty content with its stock sites (a1 model maybe).

Back
Top Bottom