• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spyderco or Cold Steel?

Please explain how an Emerson is over kill for someone wanting a hard use EDC?

Should I start with the weight, blade style, grind or the fact that it was designed as a tactical knife? Not to mention the fact that most folks don't hard use their EDC knives. Lol @ cutting open a taped box with that much overkill.

I understand they are cool looking and I get the fact that Emerson has done a good job of marketing these knives and people buying the hype, but there are a ton of knives out there that are better for EDC usage. These knives are lighter, better ergonomics, better blade steel, better blade design and cost much less.

Last edited:
Should I start with the weight, blade style, grind or the fact that it was designed as a tactical knife? Not to mention the fact that most folks don't hard use their EDC knives. Lol @ cutting open a taped box with that much overkill.

I understand they are cool looking and I get the fact that Emerson has done a good job of marketing these knives and people buying the hype, but there are a ton of knives out there that are better for EDC usage. These knives are lighter, better ergonomics, better blade steel, better blade design and cost much less.

My CQC7bw doesn't feel heavy in my pocket. If I have pants on I have my Emerson. It goes wherever I go. Why don't folks say that 45 is over kill for a carry gun, cause it's not. Just like carrying an Emerson as an edc knife isn't overkill

I have on a pistol and a gun belt ....I dont worry about my pants falling down from my knife being too heavy

Last edited:
A mini roadhouse would be the perfect Emerson carry for me. I carry a full size roadhouse all day every day. I cut open boxes with it, I cut strings, plastic wrap etc. I go places where I'm not allowed to carry a gun, so heaven forbid I need to protect myself in that environment I have the lightening fast opening Emerson there. It serves as a dual purpose blade, A perfect EDC for me. I don't think it's the least bit overkill. What's right for you doesn't apply to everyone. :)

Both are reliable knife companies, I think it depends on what you're looking for in an EDC.

Which Delica do you like best?

I'm not really sure how many different ones there are lol. I've been looking at the delica 4.

What would be the best grind for edc? I think the delica 4 is a full flat?

I'm not really sure how many different ones there are lol. I've been looking at the delica 4.

What would be the best grind for edc? I think the delica 4 is a full flat?

Shop around. There are all kinds of configurations of Delicas out there, with some differents grinds and steels. There is also a configuration of Delica with the "wave"; one of the things that makes Emersons really cool to carry and use.

Spyderco. To hell with a cheap ass feeling WAY overpriced Benchmade or Cold Steel. If you want a GREAT all around daily carry knife my pick for best bang for the buck is a good CRKT.

I had actually considered a crkt m21 or m16 and may still look into them.

As far as the spyderco I don't know about the wave but do all of the delicas come with a full flat grind?

Back
Top Bottom