• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stainless tumbling

I've seen drum tumblers at Harbor Freight. Don't know if they are suitable though.

Vibrators and ultrasonics handle my needs, though I'm always interested in new techniques.

the main advantage to stainless is the pins clean inside, outside and even the flash holes if you deprime the rounds first.

disadvantage is that unless you go with the unavailable kit from FA, most places are small guys who are putting stuff together to make it work (ie. tumbler, pins, etc.).

vibrating cleaners are good for most uses but the dust is bad, the noise, and it's not quite the "shine" that you get with stainless. but it works fine. I just like the stainless setup for a lot of my older brass or calibers if I pick up dirty brass I don't really care any more.

I like this guy's wet cleaning method since I don't need to clean so much brass at once. He uses a rotary rock tumbler from Harbor Freight ($30) and a 2lb bag of stainless media for $20. A few extra steps, but I plan to process only a couple hundred cases at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to get into this so if anyone knows were I can start without ordering stuff off the net that would be swell

Also if anyone uses stainless in or around gwinnett can I toss you a few bucks to process some brass for me?

info@stainlesstumblingmedia.com 1-801-810-9850 this is where we order ours only a suggestion..

Unless you are doing larger batches, SS tumbling is really not worth getting into (Cost of Tumbler, Media, etc)
On the other hand, if occasionally you do have a thousand or so pieces, it just may pay you to have someone do it for you!

You might want to try contacting Adam at adamadyer@gmail.com
He is equipped to process brass for others, and was seriously considering doing so ...

If you are doing small batches, then Ultra-Sonic works just fine for cleaning ... even primer pockets. Then a short time in your viberator will
polish it up (for those who feel that it is necessary)

Oh, and there are commercial US devices for those who have the coin!

[video=youtube_share;i3T4Tzae5ks]http://youtu.be/i3T4Tzae5ks[/video]

the bucket is almost full of water and only got about 150 rds of 260 brass. so I could increase brass decrease water. im prob gonna re work the drive to pneumatic tire. the motor has PLENTY of power. drive needs more surface aera, I really had to load it down to get traction. it works fine. but im still tweakin

Back
Top Bottom