• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Staked castle nut removal?

You run a much larger risk of messing something up trying that than if you just put your big boy pants on and unscrew the castle nut.

Lol. The castle nut will come off with ease. I have yet to have one requiring excessive force for removal. Think of it more like a lock washer. It hold it, but the stake is actually not that strong once you actually apply a tool to it. It's just there to keep vibration and handling from letting it back off.

You run a much larger risk of messing something up trying that than if you just put your big boy pants on and unscrew the castle nut.

do i have to grow a beard to do it? or just big boy pants be fine? lol :cool:

i need a bigger AR wrench.....i have the small one and looks like i need some more leverage lol.

i need a bigger AR wrench.....i have the small one and looks like i need some more leverage lol.

I have both, and were able to do it with either. The smaller one is just harder to keep orientated so it doesn't come out of the slots.

Small one I have:
castle nut tool.jpg

Larger one that makes it very easy to remove. I think these are like $9 on Amazon....Disclaimer on this one. It will jack up a standard barrel nut when you go to tighten one up. They are mainly handy for flash hiders and castle nuts. The teeth for the barrel nut are so sloppy, it can damage the teeth on the barrel nut.

echo1-ar-barrel-wrench.jpg

Maybe a good mixture of putting ass into it, putting big boy pants on, and growing a beard.

Armorer's tool is larger. More leverage(aka ass)

I have both, and were able to do it with either. The smaller one is just harder to keep orientated so it doesn't come out of the slots.

Small one I have:
View attachment 288246

Larger one that makes it very easy to remove. I think these are like $9 on Amazon....Disclaimer on this one. It will jack up a standard barrel nut when you go to tighten one up. They are mainly handy for flash hiders and castle nuts. The teeth for the barrel nut are so sloppy, it can damage the teeth on the barrel nut.

View attachment 288247

yep, that small one is the exact one i got. hopefully get it to work lol.

be getting the magpul endplate this week after i pay bills and such. i already spent most my free money on some more ammo/mags and a new grip the other day lol.

ya, ill probably end up heading over to Bamas house if i cant get it off with mine lol. hopefully his hottub is up and running by now lol

So your going over to his house if you cant get it off, AND a hot tub is in the mix??? Sounds like a night of shame and regret...Muahaha!

Back
Top Bottom