• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stand behind Alec Baldwin…

I think the director who handed him the firearm and said “cold gun” and the armorer who allowed hot ammo on the set are “more” culpable…but…

But…Baldwin is no rookie to movie sets and he knows the safety protocols. As a career actor and a producer of this film, he is aware of all the procedures and ramifications of handling weapons even if he is an outspoken anti gun celebrity. His claims of innocence seem hollow and self serving. He should obviously be charged and if found guilty, sentenced accordingly. I think it’s a travesty that the director who handed him the “cold gun” was able to cut a deal though. They should be cell mates and he should serve an even longer sentence than Baldwin…because he knew all of the above also.

I think the director who handed him the firearm and said “cold gun” and the armorer who allowed hot ammo on the set are “more” culpable…but…

But…Baldwin is no rookie to movie sets and he knows the safety protocols. As a career actor and a producer of this film, he is aware of all the procedures and ramifications of handling weapons even if he is an outspoken anti gun celebrity. His claims of innocence seem hollow and self serving. He should obviously be charged and if found guilty, sentenced accordingly. I think it’s a travesty that the director who handed him the “cold gun” was able to cut a deal though. They should be cell mates and he should serve an even longer sentence than Baldwin…because he knew all of the above also.
????????????? 1)All Firearms are to be Considered Loaded, Thus Hot 'Till I look in the Chamber' Yes Me the last one HOLDING Any FIREARM ............... It doesn't make a Dam who handed it to me.
2) never point ............... well you know the thing
yeah, that would have saved a life

????????????? 1)All Firearms are to be Considered Loaded, Thus Hot 'Till I look in the Chamber' Yes Me the last one HOLDING Any FIREARM ............... It doesn't make a Dam who handed it to me.
2) never point ............... well you know the thing
yeah, that would have saved a life
That’s not in dispute. I agree. You’re responsible for your actions. The only difference (and not really an exception to the rules) is that if I crack open a “prop gun” (I understand that this gun was real), as an actor, I may not know how to distinguish between a live round and dummy rounds or blanks. I’m only saying that because there’s a level of trust that as an actor you assume that the director, armorer, prop folks all know their jobs and followed the protocols as far as separating dummy rounds from blanks and kept live rounds off the set. What good is checking the chamber if it’s got blanks or dummies that are realistic looking for film but I don’t know the difference?

But…as producer and a long time actor Baldwin is still responsible for that set. That’s why he’s culpable. I just think the level of negligence on the part of the director who handed him the gun calling it “cold” and the armorer is much higher. We don’t disagree that Baldwin should own his role in the death of the woman. I just think he’s not alone in it.

I don't like Alec Baldwin at all, but I think the charges against him are bogus. He's an actor and isn't supposed to be trained with weapons. That's what they pay the armorer for. She is the one responsible for making sure any weapon on the set is just a harmless prop that can safely be handle by the clueless. The charges against her are legit.

I hope Alec serves the rest of his life under a jail just for being Alec... but he shouldn't go to the pokey for this unless they can prove he put a live round in that gun before pulling the trigger.

Might be a good time to put a ban on old timey cowboy guns, though. Scarier than those evil black ones I see all over the classifieds.

I hope Alec serves the rest of his life under a jail just for being Alec... but he shouldn't go to the pokey for this unless they can prove he put a live round in that gun before pulling the trigger.
So negligence is ok when handling a gun?

Back
Top Bottom