• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

State Certified Course/Trainer

I will issue a certificate to any non-LEO student that requests one. It has the training dates, the hours, and the course title on it.
Cool, well if you want to post up some info for everyone, I'm sure sure others are probably interested. I was talking with a guy and seems that it would be a good idea to have something like that on the resume incase any legal issues arise.

First Person Safety First Person Safety is fairly local to your area. He can get you squared away on 'documentation.' Let me rephrase that, he can explain the laws in Georgia better than anyone I know in regards to defensive shooting.
It's more so in getting a State Certified Training Course of Documentation to provide in any circumstances of events.

It's more so in getting a State Certified Training Course of Documentation to provide in any circumstances of events.

I am certified by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council as a general topics and firearms instructor. I am certified by the Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors as a Master Firearms Instructor, and I am on the GALEFI Board of Directors. I'm also a graduate of the FBI Police Firearms Instructor Course.

With all of that being written, there is no "state certified training course" for private citizens.

I provide a certificate of completion.

If you look in the training and tactics section here, I have a class upcoming in January in Stone Mountain.

I am a bit unsure what you mean by "State Certified". There is no Georgia governing body that certifies or regulates Firearms Instructors that cater to civilians.

You can be a certified Instructor (General and specialty, like Firearms) through the Georgia Peace Officer's Standards and Training, which is for LE officers. I am so certified, in numerous subjects.

I am also a certified Instructor (General and Firearms) through the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco.

I am a graduate of the FBI Police Firearms Instructor Course.

Back in the day, I was a Small Arms Instructor, so certified by the United States Marine Corps.

One of the few bodies I can think that certifies civilians to train civilians is the NRA, which of course is not a "State" agency. I was an NRA Instructor many years ago, but I let that BS lapse.

I am certified by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council as a general topics and firearms instructor. I am certified by the Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors as a Master Firearms Instructor, and I am on the GALEFI Board of Directors. I'm also a graduate of the FBI Police Firearms Instructor Course.

With all of that being written, there is no "state certified training course" for private citizens.

I provide a certificate of completion.

If you look in the training and tactics section here, I have a class upcoming in January in Stone Mountain.
Yes exactly what I was referring too, completing a course BY a Certified Person FROM the state or agency etc.
Similar to this link but yes you covered the topics.

https://www.gpstc.org/career-development/instructor-certification/

Back
Top Bottom