• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

States ask Supreme Court to halt unjustified searches of lawful gun owners

How many people do you know (not heard about on the internet) that have had LE just walk up and frisk for no reason?

A lot. Depends on what you define as "no reason."

Most cops have at least learned to say "well he was nervous, and sweating profusely." You ever tried to prove you weren't sweating profusely at a given time and place?

A basic tenet of society: Where there is no accountability, lawlessness prevails ...

Is this acceptable to you?

Don't jump to the conclusion that I'm a "LEO Hater"... I'm Not!
I have and have had a number of friends in the profession .. and they were all "straight arrows".

Accountability is a profound issue in government at all levels.
Those that enforce the law should be held to a higher level of accountability than the general public. There is no better place to start than with the judiciary. The effects of their opinions have become more in the realm of creating rather than following the laws passed by the only forums empowered to do so: the legislative branch of government(s).

Most cops have at least learned to say "well he was nervous, and sweating profusely." You ever tried to prove you weren't sweating profusely at a given time and place?
Probably were, but friends rarely tell the whole story to their other friends.
Hell I got pulled the other night. I was very tired, my sugar was low, and nervous cause I knew I was a little too fast. Hands were shaking, and it was hot. Probably could have got me out and articulated a frisk. But most people will tell you they were calm, speaking well, and going the speed limit.
I've had family that told me stuff that was completely untrue (I saw the tapes and sometimes the citations), ultimately because most people don't want to admit fault. So the cop was an asshole...

It all depends on the whole "reasonableness of the totality of the circumstances"
What would work in one situation will not in another.

BTW questions still stands, how many people do you KNOW that have been frisked by LE for no reason. Hell, for that matter how many friends you have that have been frisked at all?
I've been a biker for decades, and even in that crowd the percentage is fairly low overall.

BTW questions still stands, how many people do you KNOW that have been frisked by LE for no reason. Hell, for that matter how many friends you have that have been frisked at all?

I know lots of people that have been frisked for no real reason. Didn't say any of them were friends.

But I have several friends/acquaintances that have been arrested for DUI, and every one of them was frisked. I've been frisked. The LEO who did it was shortly thereafter encouraged by the Chief to pursue his career opportunities elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom